Gel coat hairline cracks below water line

I think I know the answer to this, but hairline cracks in gel coat below water line, probably not something to ignore?

They are along a chine, about 2-2.5ft overall length, pretty fine, hard to even hang your fingernail on.

They are in an area where the hull had been supported during a cap off restoration. There was a very rotted stringer above the location of these cracks.

I could see the cracks being a result of the repair guy being in the boat doing the work when the structure was removed, stress cracks.
    I could also see the cracks resulting from the previously bad structure in the boat.

I guess it's also possible that the cracks allowed water penetration in the first place and caused all the problems we had to repair.

I was told by a shop that put on my keel guard that he wouldn't worry about them, that they are no big deal. That is hard to accept with the cracks being below waterline whenever the boat is in the water.

Looking for other advice. I'm inclined to get this dealt with since everything else about the boat has been rebuilt or updated to new, essentially. Seems like a big risk ignoring something like this, but I don't know how likely it is that water will penetrate through there.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

I see a ton of this with older Ski boats that is not a problem however with everything you’ve done I fix it now. No question.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com