Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    As mentioned there is no reason for this units issues to be related to the LSS-1, neither does any documentation state it is NOT compatible.

2. Member
    hopefully my last question: Which POD-STYLE transducer works with the cable? 106-73, 106-52.... or some other pod (shoot-thru puck style) transducer?

Blue end, no power supply? 106-73
    "D" end, with power supply? 106-52

I prefer a puck style for hull placement, rather than the skimmer, if possible.

I tried calling more than one Lowrance customer service rep....I hope someone here can help!

3. Member
    Blue end.

4. Member
    Since my unit wont come back on, I took it apart. Let me know if theres anything in there someone might want to know about.

5. Member
    Wanted to mention one more thing about whats inside this unit. Ive heard these Hook2's referred to as junk a few times, but from what i see theres nothing junk about it. It is VERY simple....like 3 parts: a circuit board, screen, and push button pod. Not sure of the quality of each component, but it looked well-assembled. Ive seen much worse in electronics.

So anyway, if anyone wants this head unit for parts or whatever, shoot me $20 to cover shipping.

6. Member
    Well....I would advise you DO NOT try to run an LSS2 and a puck transducer with the Hook2 connector. I bought everything needed, took the boat to the lake, connected everything and put both transducers in the water. I didn't mount them on the boat, just dropped them over the side.

Head unit (Hook2 12) began to flicker, and looked like blips as the screen began to black out and come back very quickly. Then the unit froze, nothing worked, nothing changed the screen. Completely locked up.

Pulled the wires from the unit to shut down the head unit. Re-attached, the "Lowrance" template screen came up, and it took about 7 minutes for the unit to power up. When it did, the word "STOPPED" appeared on the screen (the sonar page was up). Buttons worked, I could scroll through menus, etc. Then the message that no transducer is attached came up, even though I had both of the transducers attached to the unit through the splitter.

Hard reset. Same messages as before.
    Hard reset. Same message as before.

So I removed wires again, and I hooked up the split-shot transducer that I had been using before I tried to connect the LSS2 and puck through the splitter. (It worked just fine BEFORE trying to connect the two transducers.)

No transducer found. Go to sonar screen and the word "STOPPED" on the screen. Go to menu to 'unstop' transducer....nothing changed.

Hard reset.

Now the unit just sits on the "LOWRANCE" screen, won't do anything else.

So, long story short....I fried a brand new unit trying to run the two transducers on one unit.

Lesson learned, money wasted and now I need a new graph.

Hopefully this will keep someone else from wasting money and trashing an otherwise perfectly working unit.
    Last edited by spinningchicken; 03-22-2020 at 10:13 AM.

7. Member
    at least yours would power on

8. Member
    Hook2 should be covered still, so just return it.

9. Member
    I don't think it's right to 'just return it' for something I did, if you meant return it to the retail store. I did send the unit to Lowrance, and I'll wait however long it takes for the unit to be returned.

Lesson learned.

I don't believe I'm reading anything that "you did" that wasn't supposed to be able to be done, so I wouldn't be concerned in that regard. But since you sent it to Lowrance now, guess we'll see what their response/diagnosis is.

11. Member
    I did the same same as you. LSS2, Transducer Shield, puck transducer and y-cable. I got the same result from my unit. Soft and Hard resets do not work and it will power, start boot up and then shut off. Did you ever try to re-install the software? If so, did it work?

12. Member
    Anyone every find a solution to this issue of using a Lowrance supported y-cable, LSS2 and Puck transducers? I believe I just fried my Hook2 Reveal 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12