Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can I run 2 transducers on 1 Hook2 12 unit?

Looking to run both the 3in1 transducer on outside of hull, and a puck transducer glassed into the boat for hi-speed reading.

Does this connector make it possible?

https://www.amazon.com/Lowrance-000-.../dp/B07CBM3Z9K

2. Member
    You can use LSS-2 and a shoot-through with the Y-cable.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    You can use LSS-2 and a shoot-through with the Y-cable.

I am aware I can run two transducers through the connecting cable. What I guess I’m asking is, can the head unit of the Hook2 recognize the two transducers.

4. Member
    I’ve talked with Lowrance customer service two times. Both times the answer was “no” the Hook2 is plug and play.

Then I ask about the splitter and the answer is “maybe so”.

I haven’t installed unit, so I’ll either buy the components and give it a try, or wait a couple of weeks and go to the Classic show and talk with someone that hopefully is a little more knowledgeable in the booth.

Was hoping someone here might have tried this option and had some insight

Thanks. Have a blessed day.

5. Member
    You cannot run 2 2d sonar transducers on the hook2. That splitter only separates the 2d signal wires from the structure scan wires.

I don't think the hook 2 will recognize the 3 in 1 transducer. They do make a hook2 to 7 pin adapter for 2d sonar.

So you would need 2 hook 2 units or 1 hds carbon/live to run your dual sonar you are wanting to do.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningchicken View Post
    I am aware I can run two transducers through the connecting cable. What I guess I’m asking is, can the head unit of the Hook2 recognize the two transducers.
    Hook2 doesn’t work quite like the other units. The Y-cable is there to make the unit «think» it is operating one transducer. LSS-2 is StructureScan only, so for the unit it is just like using a Tripleshot when the LSS is combined with the 2D-transducer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbmitch View Post
    You cannot run 2 2d sonar transducers on the hook2. That splitter only separates the 2d signal wires from the structure scan wires.

I don't think the hook 2 will recognize the 3 in 1 transducer. They do make a hook2 to 7 pin adapter for 2d sonar.

So you would need 2 hook 2 units or 1 hds carbon/live to run your dual sonar you are wanting to do.

I have two Hook2 units, both 12, was planning to run one on the bow/trolling motor with external split shot transducer, and one at the helm with two transducers, as mentioned, one ducer for the triple shot external mount, and 1 ducer glassed in for running.

8. Member
    Hook2 doesn’t work quite like the other units. The Y-cable is there to make the unit «think» it is operating one transducer. LSS-2 is StructureScan only, so for the unit it is just like using a Tripleshot when the LSS is combined with the 2D-transducer.

So, does this mean I could run the LSS and a puck, with the y-cable, and successfully use both transducers with the Hook2 unit?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningchicken View Post
    So, does this mean I could run the LSS and a puck, with the y-cable, and successfully use both transducers with the Hook2 unit?
    Correct.

10. Member
    Correct.
    Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day

11. Member
    another question: What do I need to purchase to use the LSS with the hook2?

I'll need a puck transducer and the splitter, plus the LSS transducer (does it matter if it is an LSS-1 or 2?)

Do I also need the module? Anything else?

Sorry for questions, it's been a long time since I've used Lowrance products.

12. Member
    The Y-cable on its own: https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...able-0a446641/

I haven’t tried with LSS-1, but it should work. No module.

13. Member
    I ordered the cable as im curious to see how my LSS-1 works with my Hook2 as well

14. Member
    Please report back, and don’t forget screenshots.

15. Member
    will do

16. Member
    Ahhhh, ya....... didnt go so well.

It started up fine and began to show returns in sidescan but then shut down and now wont start back up.

17. Member
    I purchased an LSS-2 from a member here. Have not purchased puck or connector. I hope the LSS-2 will work.

18. Member
    I don’t know if there’s anything i can do with this unit now, it won’t respond at all.

since when will a transducer brick a unit? An lss-1 isn’t all that much different than an lss-2

19. Member
    It shouldn’t. The result on-screen would just not be great with the LSS-1. The LSS-2 is officially compatible with Hook2. Have you done a hard reset? If you have, it is time to call Lowrance or your dealer.

20. Member
    Yes, tried the hard reset. Nothing.

Cant imagine Lowrance would offer to do anything with it since the LSS-1 wasn’t supported with the y cable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast