Thread: FXR 20 price?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FXR 20 price?

For anyone that has bought a new fxr 20 did you get them to come off the price any and if not do you think it is because its a new design? Purchased a new FX 20 LE in 2016 and got a pretty good deal. Seems like they are not wanting to come off the FXR. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I will be honest with ya...They really didn't want to come off the price when I bought one in January...Was lucky to have a good trade in!

3. Member
    The only price that matters is the total "out the door" figure. If you are trading, the value of your trade by a dealership is a huge factor. I would certainly compare prices with a number of dealers if you are moving to the FXR. I moved from a 2018 FX to the new FXR - there is a huge improvement in the FXR!

4. Member
    What’s better specifically? I’m in a 2017 fx21 and considering change.

5. Member
    Wider front deck, new hull rides much better than the old FX, rear compartment much better.

6. Member
    Does it porpoise? Run faster?

7. Member
    New hull is a much better rough water ride. Has a deeper v to it. With that being said, it is a much more aggressive hull and requires more driver feedback to achieve better top end. 76.5 I've gotten, and 23 for low end, no porpoise. Front deck is greatly wider at trolling motor and you can actually step on the front pad to enter the boat.

8. Member
    The old "porpoise" issue with the FX has largely been done away with by the new FXR. The FXR is much more forgiving in this regard. Densik is absolutely correct on everything. My FXR20 top end has been 74.1 mph. If you have ever tried to work in the rear compartment of the FX, you will be blown away by the FXR's new design. You can get to everything back there easily now!

9. Member
    Is yours a 21? I’m thinking I need one!

10. Member
    I am in a FXR 20 LE. There is also a 21' model.

11. Member
    Skeeter has a $1500 rebate on them through March. The dealer I'm buying from didn't move on the "Nationality Advertised" price, but I gave a fair trade for my 13' FX20. Bucks Island Marine has a good price on a FXR20 Select $2600 cheaper than my quote, but offered me $2000 less on my trade, so that's a wash.

12. Member
    Dealers can’t keep them in stock, so they don’t have to come off NAP. It’s faster, rides better in rough water, and has a wider front deck than an FX. I’m really impressed with the changes that Skeeter made.

13. Member
    At some point the luster will wear off and units will be available. Id suggest holding off for a left over or demo model. Otherwise just negotiate or find a dealer that will. At the end of the day, they want to make a profit and wont turn one a way if it's fair... How many cars would you pay NAP pricing on? granted there are a few manufactures that require it, but the dealer can always break the rule.

14. Member
    If you can wait till Nov. mine will be available as first time buyer, full warranties, cover, hydro jack plate, Le color E. $68,495

15. Member
    I was told by a dealer, that I could buy from him or the next guy the price is the price...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    I was told by a dealer, that I could buy from him or the next guy the price is the price...
    The dealer is just trying to play hard ball. NAP is basically the dealer pays X they have to advertise at Y. They can’t advertise lower for interest of fairness. Now they can sell the boat at the cost they have in the boat if they so wanted too. But as mentioned everyone is trying to get an fxr because “it’s so much better” than the fx the dealers are not really going to move on price because the boat will probably be gone within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    The dealer is just trying to play hard ball. NAP is basically the dealer pays X they have to advertise at Y. They can’t advertise lower for interest of fairness. Now they can sell the boat at the cost they have in the boat if they so wanted too. But as mentioned everyone is trying to get an fxr because “it’s so much better” than the fx the dealers are not really going to move on price because the boat will probably be gone within the day.

Fixed it.

18. Member
    Bought a FXR 20 le in the H color last sat and picked it up today. Had to wait for them to order and install a blk hyd jackplate. Going to start break in tomorrow.

19. Member
    Congratulations on the new FXR - you will love it. Give us all an update after you have had a good chance to compare it to the FX you were in previously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast