Outboard NMEA info to G3N Helix

Picked up a left-over 2019 920 ProXP/250 SHO this past Friday. Is it possible to output NMEA info to a Humminbird G3N Helix? I know the SHO will "talk" to a Lowrance, but I'm kinda partial to the Helix.

Thanks In Advance.
    2017 Ford F-350 Platinum
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP Yamaha 250SHO

2. Member
    Assuming you have a NMEA network with the SHO connected to it you will need:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-adapter-cable

You will also need Ethernet cables and cable adapter.

If you are connecting more than one Helix unit you will also need:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...thernet-switch
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

At the moment, I do not have anything NMEA related. Just picked the new floater up Friday. First time SHO owner also.

So, that being said, what I’ve gathered from my research, I need the NMEA “starter kit” and the Humminbird Black Box plus the Ethernet cables.
    2017 Ford F-350 Platinum

4. Member
    You will also need the Lowrance NMEA cable for the SHO.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that on the Helix you cannot make a split screen with the NMEA or instrument screens. That is a Solix feature. Solix also has a direct NMEA input.....but I digress.
    You also decide if you want your trim to come through the NMEA or keep it as is. It's very simple and free to do but it's an either/or thing, NMEA trim or analog trim.
    You can also get water pressure but you will have to trade out the analog sensor for the digital one.

I have done two Yamahas now including the boat I have now. I did it all. I changed out my analog gauges for LMF-400s and changed my gas tank from analog to digital (Lowrance makes a drop fit fluid sensor that can use your existing sending unit.)
    I have mine connected to my Lowrance unit. I also run a Bird for mapping.
    On my previous boat I ran birds and had the same setup using a Helix 10 and a 998. Gauges on one and map on the other.

If you have any questions on the set up or installation let me know.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind is that on the Helix you cannot make a split screen with the NMEA or instrument screens. That is a Solix feature. Solix also has a direct NMEA input.....but I digress.
    You also decide if you want your trim to come through the NMEA or keep it as is. It's very simple and free to do but it's an either/or thing, NMEA trim or analog trim.
    You can also get water pressure but you will have to trade out the analog sensor for the digital one.

I have done two Yamahas now including the boat I have now. I did it all. I changed out my analog gauges for LMF-400s and changed my gas tank from analog to digital (Lowrance makes a drop fit fluid sensor that can use your existing sending unit.)
    On my previous boat I ran birds and had the same setup using a Helix 10 and a 998. Gauges on one and map on the other.

Thank you, Rick, for the reply. I'm still undecided if I want to stay Helix for this or go Lowrance. I will be keeping my Birds for everything else, just wanting to add another unit for gauges while running, and extra mapping/sonar when needed.
    2017 Ford F-350 Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post

Thank you, Rick, for the reply. I'm still undecided if I want to stay Helix for this or go Lowrance. I will be keeping my Birds for everything else, just wanting to add another unit for gauges while running, and extra mapping/sonar when needed.
    2017 Ford F-350 Platinum

PM sent
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

8. Member
    This is the cable I purchased to connected my Yamaha F90XB to my Onix's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This cable plugs into the NMEA backbone (starter kit) that is then is plugged into the Onix. Didn't need the ethernet/NMEA adapter since the Onix has a NMEA port.

9. Member
    I have a humminbird NMEA 2k blackbox for sale. Brand new in package. $125.