Lowrance hds 9 touch

What would make it so the screen wont let you hit accept when you first power it up?

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    What would make it so the screen wont let you hit accept when you first power it up?
    Mine will not respond while it is loading charts. Once the “Loading Charts” notice goes away, the “accept” key will respond.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Mine will not respond while it is loading charts. Once the “Loading Charts” notice goes away, the “accept” key will respond.
    I noticed that and waited until it cleared and still nothing. Tried a soft reset and that didnt help.

This is a wild card but since you can't get it through the boot strap try putting an SD card with an update on it in one of the cArd slots and power it up. This should force it to boot and load fresh softwAre.

5. Member
    You may want to try recalibrating your touch screen. That may fix the issue.

Calibrating touch screen
    1) First power off the units (provided it's on).
    2) Once its powered down, press and hold the waypoint button and then while still holding the waypoint button depressed, hit the power button to turn the unit on.
    Keep holding in the waypoint button as the unit boots up. Once you hear an audible double beep you can release the waypoint button.
    3)The calibration mode will activate and will have a crosshair in the upper left corner. Just touch each of the crosshairs as they appear. It will register the settings.
    4) Click “Accept” when it appears and your unit is now calibrated.

Try cleaning the screen. Mine goes haywire when it gets dirty.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Quote Originally Posted by Bankangler View Post
    You may want to try recalibrating your touch screen. That may fix the issue.

Calibrating touch screen
    1) First power off the units (provided it's on).
    2) Once its powered down, press and hold the waypoint button and then while still holding the waypoint button depressed, hit the power button to turn the unit on.
    Keep holding in the waypoint button as the unit boots up. Once you hear an audible double beep you can release the waypoint button.
    3)The calibration mode will activate and will have a crosshair in the upper left corner. Just touch each of the crosshairs as they appear. It will register the settings.
    4) Click “Accept” when it appears and your unit is now calibrated.
    Tried this, but didn't notice any crosshairs appearing.

This is a wild card but since you can't get it through the boot strap try putting an SD card with an update on it in one of the cArd slots and power it up. This should force it to boot and load fresh softwAre.
    Where/how would I get a card with an update?

9. Member
    You need to buy an SD card that fits your unit and then you download the software update from the lowrance website. I think all of the touch screen units can use up to a 32 gigabyte card.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    You need to buy an SD card that fits your unit and then you download the software update from the lowrance website. I think all of the touch screen units can use up to a 32 gigabyte card.
    This ^^^. Here’s a link to the update page

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...dex.html?r=117

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Ok, sorry for my ignorance in this, but how do you get the download onto the SD card?

12. Member
    Ok, sorry for my ignorance in this, but how do you get the download onto the SD card?
    Use an SD card reader. Some computers have them built in, or you can buy one inexpensively from Amazon that plugs into the USB port.

Lowrance Web site, https://www.lowrance.com/

Help and Support

Software Updates

Select your Product Series

Scroll down to "HDS Gen 2 Touch with GPS Patch" and download it to your computer.

Copy the file that comes with the download (HDS_Gen2_Touch-6.0-54.2.46-Standard-4.upd) onto an SD card.

!! Use another SD card, a blank one, put it into one of the SD card slots on the HDS and go into your units settings and save "Settings" and "Way points", because you may lose them after the Update and you'll want to have a backup of them "just in case"! (Something you should do regularly anyway)

Next, take the SD card with the update on it and follow the instructions...

Upgrade Instructions

1. Download the file
    2. Copy to a blank micro SD card
    3. With the unit turned off insert Micro SD in to the card reader
    4. Turn on the Lowrance display. (If the update does not automatically start, follow the steps below)
    a. HDS Gen1/Gen2
    i. Press Pages
    ii. Use the directional pad to select Utilities
    iii. Next select Files
    iv. Select the SD Card and press enter
    v. Select software update and press enter
    5. After the update has completed, remove the SD card. The unit will shut down
    6. Press power key to restart the unit
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Thanks for the help. Got the last update installed and now it is really jacked. Won't come on using the power button, but will if you unplug it. Then it turns off before getting to the accept screen.

Thanks for the help. Got the last update installed and now it is really jacked. Won't come on using the power button, but will if you unplug it. Then it turns off before getting to the accept screen.
    Very confusing.
    Does it beep when you push the power button? If the hardware is working correctly, it will beep any time it is pressed, either on or off.
    I had a problem with my HDS9 but it would not shut off and if I unplugged it, it would turn back on. I disassembled it and found moisture in the button contacts. Cleaned it up and it worked. Not saying that is your problem, just that the button beeps when working properly.
    Did it boot from the SD card when you did the update? If so I would disconnect the transducer, Ethernet and N2K cable and power cable then reconnect the power cable with the SD card in the slot. Hopefully this will cause it to boot from the SD card and load the update.
    If the update loads, you will need to do a hard reset.
    Don’t know if any of this will work, grasping at straws.

Very confusing.
    Does it beep when you push the power button? If the hardware is working correctly, it will beep any time it is pressed, either on or off.
    I had a problem with my HDS9 but it would not shut off and if I unplugged it, it would turn back on. I disassembled it and found moisture in the button contacts. Cleaned it up and it worked. Not saying that is your problem, just that the button beeps when working properly.
    Did it boot from the SD card when you did the update? If so I would disconnect the transducer, Ethernet and N2K cable and power cable then reconnect the power cable with the SD card in the slot. Hopefully this will cause it to boot from the SD card and load the update.
    If the update loads, you will need to do a hard reset.
    Don’t know if any of this will work, grasping at straws.
    Once I unplug and then plug it in, it beeps and you see the first screen. Before it then goes to the accept screen it will shut off. Pushing the power button does nothing after that. I had another lowrance get water in it and that might be what happened here. There is also a line down the screen on the right side.