Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for all the input! Ultrex IPilot Link it is.......

Anybody in need of a 1 year old Fortex 112?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    Unless bed fishing I don't see power poles as needed. Most of the time fishing shallow you are moving along.
    I have been watching hours of MLF and BPT this week and the only time I see them use their poles is to stop and weigh a fish. When Im on the lake I rarely see someone with thier power poles actually deployed other than at the ramp.

I wish someone would make a meter tracking the time for power poles deployed for actual fishing and most would realize how little they are used.

I rarely see even the pros on MLF/BPT/BASS with their poles deployed to actually fish
    funny i actually see quite the opposite, pretty much everytime anyone in the mlf is in shallow enough water they will put there poles down to weigh a fish so they dont blow over an area, they havent fished. They also do it when in penalty. ( some have gone as far as putting and extra down foot button right where they weigh there fish or sit in penalty) Same goes with spotlock most will spotlock while weighing a fish, or in penalty if in deep water.. not sure how your not seeing it. I do they same when im in a tournament has just become second nature I dont even think about it just either hit spotlock or my poles depending on water depth. as mentioned above really depends on depth you fish they are 2 very different tools in the toolbox an the combination of both you have the best of both worlds covered. with all the new motors coming out ie possibly ultrex w brushless and Power poles new trolling motor , I may do the shallow water anchors now, be it talons or poles then upgrade to a spotlock motor next year. The lowrance and garmin bugs should be worked out by then as well.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-19-2020 at 08:59 AM.

3. Member
    It would be a ultrex or equivalent motor with spot lock for me. I bought my boat new in 2015 and had two poles put on it then. Never had poles before that and I found them to be the greatest thing. Upgraded last year to the ultrex and I use it more than the poles. I find that I use the poles and ultrex in conjunction with each other more than I use the poles alone. If I was setting up a boat again I would simply do a TM that spot locks and one pole/talon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12