Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Just wanted to post a final update. The culprit turned out to be the stator, most likely caused by faulty voltage regulators. I installed a new stator, and two new voltage regulators. And bam! The old mercury is running better than before. Starts up better, idols smoother, now the tachometer is noticeably is rock-solid and picked up 6mph in the top end. Couldn't be happier. Cudos to everyone for the pointers. Bass Boat Central rocks!

3. Member
    ^^^^^ dats right
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Wayloncat View Post
    Just wanted to post a final update. The culprit turned out to be the stator, most likely caused by faulty voltage regulators. I installed a new stator, and two new voltage regulators. And bam! The old mercury is running better than before. Starts up better, idols smoother, now the tachometer is noticeably is rock-solid and picked up 6mph in the top end. Couldn't be happier. Cudos to everyone for the pointers. Bass Boat Central rocks!
    Kudos to you, thanks for reporting back on the end results, Helps us all learn a lot more,
    Enjoy the new performance
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12