Mega transducer on T/M mounting

Just bought 2 of the 10 mega SI units from bass pro while they was on sale. I'm looking for ideas as to how I could mount the transducer on a Minn Kota 55lb Maxxum. This on a 17ft outboard jet boat I use to fish super shallow rivers and the Barren River lake. I'm considering cutting the skeg off before buying a 80lb T/M and having to get a new onboard charger and another battery and adding all that weight to my boat. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Puddle The mounting bracket they sell for the SI Transducer is made to fit the 80 or 112 Minn Kota.
    You'd have to find a way to mount it to your existing TM. Good luck!

Another option is to downgrade the unit to use a Compact Side Imaging trolling motor puck until to get a motor that the MEGA SI transducer will fit on. Check the Connected Transducer settings for Compact Side Imaging.
    The Compact SI transducer is 4" long. XTM 9 SI 180 T.
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...g-down-imaging
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Not sure if it would work on your boat but might email or talk with Rickie.

https://www.podunkideas.com/da-ducer-apparatusreg.html
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Not sure if it would work on your boat but might email or talk with Rickie.

https://www.podunkideas.com/da-ducer-apparatusreg.html
    Thanks man. That thing is ugly but I could see my use out of it. I drag my T/M ALOT in the river drifting downstream through sand bars so itd be nice to just pull it up and get it outof the way. I bought these units mainly for lake fishing because most of the river I can see the bottom and watch smallies come out and crush baits!

6. Member
    Well after alot of work I got both units installed. Took the boat out Saturday and they work flawlessly. I ended up cutting the skeg dow to fit the trolling motor transducer and it looks and works great. I took a piece of aluminum (1/8in I believe) and fabricated it to the curve of the T/M to make up the difference between the lip of the head and the motor housing. I still have a sheg but it's really short so I'm going to fab up a couple of pieces of aluminum to make a longer one to protect the transducer while in the river. There is no difference in how the T/M performs on the water turning and maneuvering the boat. I see alot of of post on here where guys are having alot of interference issues but I'm not having any so I expected so trouble but all is working perfect. I'm going to post pictures later so if anyone with the same dilemma finds this post they will have an idea how to make it work.

7. Member
    Trying to post pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    There we go. Not the prettiest but does the job to protect the 250$ transducer, shows great images, and protects prop too