Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    The top cap "eye candy" you all are probably looking for was on the Tracker Avalanche.
    It looked like glass. I seriously doubt that it had the strength of the top rail
    of the ProV Bass. For some reason that boat wasn't in production for many yrs.
    The aluminum boat that some are wanting, that looks like glass, runs like glass,
    has the ROUGH water ride and durability of the ProV hasn't been built yet.
    But when that day finally comes this 45-66K Lund is going to look cheap. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 02-25-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Honestly surprised that other manufacturers have not copied the Pro V Bass style layout. The layout is perfect for a guy wanting a bass boat layout, with a family. Niche market, absolutely, so maybe the appeal is not there. To me, I really like the layout, the idea of fishing with three kids on a traditional bass boat is not the most ideal. Good problem to have I guess.
    I bought my 2075 XS for high school fishing. No better set up anywhere for that application. Safe, roomy for gear, can bring another dad comfortably. Dream come true for high school bass tournaments here in Texas.

3. Member
    Honestly surprised that other manufacturers have not copied the Pro V Bass style layout. The layout is perfect for a guy wanting a bass boat layout, with a family. Niche market, absolutely, so maybe the appeal is not there. To me, I really like the layout, the idea of fishing with three kids on a traditional bass boat is not the most ideal. Good problem to have I guess.
    https://www.crestliner.com/bass-hawk/

Much cheaper it sounds like, too.

4. Member
    I don't know about how much cheaper but agreed that it is (havent priced one out), I feel like the fit and finish on the Crestliner Bass Hawk is a step down overall. Smaller compartments, no latches, no place to store passenger rods other than front deck etc... I like the Bass Hawk, just not sure I really like it. But sure do like the idea.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-25-2020 at 02:09 PM.

5. Banned
    I don't know about how much cheaper but agreed that it is (havent priced one out), I feel like the fit and finish on the Crestliner Bass Hawk is a step down overall. Smaller compartments, no latches, no place to store passenger rods other than front deck etc... I like the Bass Hawk, just not sure I really like it. But sure do like the idea.
    I kinda look at Crestliner as the cheaper version of a Lund, being made in the same plant.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I bought my 2075 XS for high school fishing. No better set up anywhere for that application. Safe, roomy for gear, can bring another dad comfortably. Dream come true for high school bass tournaments here in Texas.
    Exactly what entices me about the Pro V Bass.

Hey maybe its time to let this one die.....
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

8. Member
    Owned both the big aluminum(alumacraft competitor 185) My cousin has a 1875 pro v bass that I fish out of all the time. I own a basscat, I live in illinois and fish canadian shield as well as loz and ky lake. I have experience on both waters and here is a fact I couldn't live with anymore with the big aluminums, you better live in rain gear on those boats because in any wind whether big waves or small the spray rails will throw water out and eventually back in to the boat. For this reason alone I switched. 5 years in a cat and can count on 1 hand how many times I have got wet. Outside of that issue the Lund layout is very nice for guides or families or musky fisherman or true multi species guy's, not knocking it but the fit and finish is not in the same league as a comparably priced basscat.

Oh now you've done it. I 100% agree by the way.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    Owned both the big aluminum(alumacraft competitor 185) My cousin has a 1875 pro v bass that I fish out of all the time. I own a basscat, I live in illinois and fish canadian shield as well as loz and ky lake. I have experience on both waters and here is a fact I couldn't live with anymore with the big aluminums, you better live in rain gear on those boats because in any wind whether big waves or small the spray rails will throw water out and eventually back in to the boat. For this reason alone I switched. 5 years in a cat and can count on 1 hand how many times I have got wet. Outside of that issue the Lund layout is very nice for guides or families or musky fisherman or true multi species guy's, not knocking it but the fit and finish is not in the same league as a comparably priced basscat.
    I agree with this. They aren’t a dry ride. They are, however, much easier on my back than my Basscat was. I think it has a lot to do with the weight distribution.

11. Member
    Anyone in the market for a Lund I know where there’s a mint Predator for sale in the Midwest.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345