Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Makes a well equipped X21 Xpress look like a steal at $36,995.00. I priced a Lund on their website recently. You can get really nice glass boat at those prices. Crazy.
    A well equipped X21- equal equipment to a 2075 pro-v bass is the same price, lows 60s, if spec'd with the same equipment.

2. Member
    Sure here you go bud:

Heres the Basscat :
    https://www.basscat.com/basscat/prom...pecial-package

Heres your Mid 60s Lund with no trolling motor:
    https://www.thayersmarine.com/New-In...eating-8501554

3. Member

4. Member
    Not deflecting, those are prices based on how Lund sets up the price scale.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Sure here you go bud:

Heres the Basscat :
    https://www.basscat.com/basscat/prom...pecial-package

Heres your Mid 60s Lund with no trolling motor:
    https://www.thayersmarine.com/New-In...eating-8501554
    In all fairness Lund has an agreement with dealers about MAP pricing on current year models. Seems I have been told they will get in trouble if they advertise anything less than full price online and in print ads. That boats probably 50k as equipped, not 66, but its a great point even at 50 the Bass Cat is just a lot more boat for the money IMO.

6. Member
    Same dealer Sharp, prices almost match on that end.

7. Member
    Keep quoting me I am not speaking out of term or giving you falsities. Local dealer has Cat and Lund, same price for the PII I can get a Lund 1875 dual axle, fortex 80, no raised decals, no electronics, no charger.... All things equal I get a lot more value on the Cat. An this is a great dealer, that I respect a lot. All the dealers listed are great. Not sure how much wiggle room they have. All personal preference on what you like and want.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Please provide the freight, prep, and title charges on your Basscat quote.
    Not to get in the middle of your fellas discussion, but I think his point still stands- these things are overpriced relative to the competition. The Bass Cat delivered to your door is gonna be cheaper- and anyone can see its more boat and cost more to build.

9. Member
    Thanks bro thats all I was trying to imply.

10. Member
    If you want to get technical throw in the costs for diamond plated trailer upgrade and trailer accessories, seats, decals, and other upgrades, trim, Merc Gauges etc that Lund includes in pricing... Hey while your at it put an Ultrex 80 on there too like the Cat has...Keep climbing that price north. Better yet, your right, I fabricated the listings... Better yet, go buy a Lund. Have a good day bro.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 11:28 AM.

11. Member
    Lund Prep on one quote was 1750 and 859 freight as I am zone 4 - again this was a quote for a boat that needed some rigging. Cat was 1200 and the freight I cant remember off hand but I dont think it was north of that number if you want to know. Like I said numbers were not far off, not enough to justify or offset the overall price difference or impact the value.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 11:54 AM.

12. Member
    THAT WAS NOT FOR THE BOAT LISTED AT 66K, nor was it for the boat listed at 59K - I did not get the quote from those respected dealers, I got mine from a local dealer. These were quotes given to me in the real world from a dealer. The Lund in the quote was 49 plus prep and freight (no electronics, no charger)... The BassCat was 49995 plus Prep and Freight. The Lund quote was based on what I requested. Difference is the Basscat has an Ultrex, the Lund a Fortrex - BIG DIFFERENCE. The Basscat has THREE Humminbird Graphs and an onboard charger.... The Lund nothing, so once I buy the other accessories the value is in the BassCat. Is this really discussion of where the value is.

Heres the pricing on the quote:
    Factory Options 27653
    Dealer Options 1120
    Destination Charges 1327
    Total Pricing Including Base + Options/Destination 57679
    Dealer Adjustment 7501
    Incentive Program 900
    Selling Price 49,277

This is without raised graphics, electronics or onboard charger. Add three graphs, the utlrex, and an onboard charger to the quote, lets be real about the comparison.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 12:34 PM.

13. Member
    Thats a fair quote from a good dealer, based on what Lund set pricing at. Lack of incentives are what props up other brands. That being said, have a good day.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 12:35 PM.

14. Member
    Hahaha. Yes the BassCat was cheaper than an equally rigged Lund ProV Bass. I didnt get a quote on the Skeeter itself, but nationally advertised prices on the Skeeter ZX models would indicate more value as well - just check their website. An I never said anything about 45K (post 46), that was a number you generated off the internet from Lund not me. Have a good day Sharp. Better things to do than to continue to debate whether a BassCat offers more value than a Lund when all things are rigged equal. Good talk.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 12:51 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Hahaha. Yes the BassCat was cheaper than an equally rigged Lund ProV Bass. I didnt get a quote on the Skeeter itself, but nationally advertised prices on the Skeeter ZX models would indicate more value as well - just check their website. An I never said anything about 45K (post 46), that was a number you generated off the internet from Lund not me. Have a good day Sharp. Better things to do than to continue to debate whether a BassCat offers more value than a Lund when all things are rigged equal. Good talk.
    Everyone sees it but “him”

Lund is way to proud of their rigs. But hey if they are selling them more power to em.
    Lund is a solid boat but no way would I be spending anywhere near 50k for a basic 1875.

16. Member
    https://www.skeeterboats.com/Skeeter-Boat.php?id=100

Triton TRX 18 with a 200 can be had for the same ready for the water
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 02:32 PM.

17. Member
    Is it safe to assume the Skeeter, the Triton and the BassCat can all be had for about the same price as a less equipped Lund. The answer is yes. An my comments are referring to what I was quoted.

18. Member
    Cant be more clear on that.

19. Member
    Haha WTF. Have a great weekend, you really are one sharp hook. Pricing is not true, haha, i posted the link. Have another
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 05:17 PM.

20. Member
    Nice debate.

I’ve owned two Pro V bass boats. Prior to that I owned Ranger and Bass Cat boats.

I tell people this about the Lund Pro V Bass - it’s a 70k boat with a 30k boat top cap. The hull has been built like a tank for decades, and the bones of the boat are definitely the cream of the crop in the aluminum market. But the top cap is literally the bass equivalent of an entry level nitro or tracker boat. Lund has a lot to learn about what serious bass fisherman consider to be good for fit and finish. Cheap latches, consoles that fade after one year, cheap compartment linings, basic livewell function, cheaper carpet - all not a good look for a hull that deserves better if they want to compete in the 70k price range.

Honestly, and no offense to my northern Lund brothers, I think it’s a cultural thing. Northern fisherman seem to be, in general of course, more accepting of a utilitarian boat without a lot of “niceness” than the bass guys here in the south. It may just be what Lund is used to their market demanding.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast