Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Agreed, asking price doesn’t mean selling price.
    Seems like the bass pro v sits a while. Bass boat market is really saturated and Lund is a newer name compared to the forever established multi species line.
    Honestly I think its fit/finish issue. Whats considered "cadillac" fit/finish in the multi specie world is pretty poor in the bass boat world. A Lund is considered top of the line but side by side with some lower tier at least in perception bass brands the bass boats look a lot nicer and really are finished a lot better.

2. Member
    Slow sales is not only in the boat market, but all sales markets. The new boats are lagging
    and getting true value out of your used rig is a thing of the past. Buy it new today, and want to sell
    it tomorrow, if you dont take a 30% loss it will be a no sale. Keep it longer and the loss will be greater.
    Buying new and keeping it pristine is only good for the 2nd owner. He gets a like new boat, then can fish
    out of it for a couple of yrs and then get most of his money back. He gets the gold mine, you get the shaft.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Honestly I think its fit/finish issue. Whats considered "cadillac" fit/finish in the multi specie world is pretty poor in the bass boat world. A Lund is considered top of the line but side by side with some lower tier at least in perception bass brands the bass boats look a lot nicer and really are finished a lot better.
    Yep, I agree completely. Lund has taken a lot for granted. Hopefully pressure from some newer manufactures and expanding lines of old ones push lund.

I own a lund and imo they are REALLY over rated. He’ll look back at all the transom problems from the late 90’s to mid 2000’s. Garage kept “top of the line” boats with bad transoms. Ownership has changed since then but just 4 or so years ago they were still using a ton of wood in their boats.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    Slow sales is not only in the boat market, but all sales markets. The new boats are lagging
    and getting true value out of your used rig is a thing of the past. Buy it new today, and want to sell
    it tomorrow, if you dont take a 30% loss it will be a no sale. Keep it longer and the loss will be greater.
    Buying new and keeping it pristine is only good for the 2nd owner. He gets a like new boat, then can fish
    out of it for a couple of yrs and then get most of his money back. He gets the gold mine, you get the shaft.
    LDS
    Both of mine lost about 15% of "original cost" after 2 seasons of ownership. I say original in quotes because I got employee rebates on top of that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    I'm still waiting on another 1875 bass example that "don’t seem to hold value". Your first WC example did not pass the smell test. Neither does the one listed here on BBC.

I don't do fakebook but I might be able to see a link if you can actually provide an example.
    I was talking over the last two years or so. Not the most popular time to sell a boat either. Maybe things have changed recently.

buy what you like and can afford. It’s a great looking boat. Would like to take a ride in one but I need a full windshield personally.
    https://imgur.com/a/LvylalS

https://imgur.com/a/LvylalS

Do you own one or something? You seem real defensive lol

6. Member
    Your last two sources of information aren't even 1875 boats...the topic of this thread. You provided two WC and BBC 1875 sources that did not pass the smell test, one 2075 that lost 15% over three years, and another 2075 with 330 hours that has been beat to death on Erie as a guide boat. The "don’t seem to hold value" picture is clear now thanks.

And no, I don't own one. Your statement implied you had some experience in this area. I simply requested more than one example or source that would validate your statement.
    Lol ok, if you say so.
    Most of these boats are in the north and not for sale.
    Like two 1875 for sale on Facebook that are over priced a bit. High 30’s

My experience is from watching Facebook and walleye central over the last several years.

Buy one and find out. Too many bass boats in the market with stiff competition as stated earlier.

as bassmasterslayer said... “Honestly I think its fit/finish issue. Whats considered "cadillac" fit/finish in the multi specie world is pretty poor in the bass boat world. A Lund is considered top of the line but side by side with some lower tier at least in perception bass brands the bass boats look a lot nicer and really are finished a lot better.”

100% truth

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Lol ok, if you say so.
    Most of these boats are in the north and not for sale.
    Like two 1875 for sale on Facebook that are over priced a bit. High 30’s

My experience is from watching Facebook and walleye central over the last several years.

Buy one and find out. Too many bass boats in the market with stiff competition as stated earlier.

as bassmasterslayer said... “Honestly I think its fit/finish issue. Whats considered "cadillac" fit/finish in the multi specie world is pretty poor in the bass boat world. A Lund is considered top of the line but side by side with some lower tier at least in perception bass brands the bass boats look a lot nicer and really are finished a lot better.”

100% truth
    Fit and finish on my boat is superb. Picky as I am, If I dont find a flaw its not
    there. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

8. Banned
    Fit and finish on my boat is superb. Picky as I am, If I dont find a flaw its not
    there. LDS
    Its more materials/methods/construction techniques. Things like a wood floor, cover everything in carpet, switches on the dash are similiar to a basic bass tracker, etc. I like Lund a lot, but they are relying on their name too much.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Its more materials/methods/construction techniques. Things like a wood floor, cover everything in carpet, switches on the dash are similiar to a basic bass tracker, etc. I like Lund a lot, but they are relying on their name too much.
    Specs on the 2020 Bass alum models states WOOD FREE construction. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

10. Banned
    Specs on the 2020 Bass alum models states WOOD FREE construction. LDS
    Maybe its not wood anymore, I thought under the vinyl floor was wood in the cockpit area. Not counting wood they are just a step behind in being modernized IMO. Its not a knock, I love the brand.

11. Member
    2017 1875 200hp G2 2-10" HB's, ultrex, 100 hrs, $34,500 after I sold talons. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

12. Member
    After reading your "don’t seem to hold value" claim, I was considering a used 1875. However, I'm not finding any out of the ordinary diminished value boats you claim are out there.
    I will keep an eye out just for you
    The one on walleye central is super super over priced.
    can get a loaded 2075 for that price or less.
    Look above my post also... Seems like about 15kish off retail and a good deal.

13. Member
    Thanks anyway. Rest assured I understand what I'm dealing with here. You should consider requesting some 2020 dealer quotes to get a handle on real world pricing. See post #4.
    Nah, no need to waste my time or the dealers. I have my overrated Lund and can be objective about.

14. Member
    Thanks anyway. Rest assured I understand what I'm dealing with here. You should consider requesting some 2020 dealer quotes to get a handle on real world pricing. See post #4.
    You seem awfully angry about this topic. I formed this thread not out of anger or hate, but simply because I was really surprised by the listed prices of these rigs, and yes I have real world prices for my area from dealers. The Lund Pro V Bass is a unique rig that sure appeals to a guy like me with a growing family. There's no knock on them or dealers etc... You seem really attached to this thread in a defensive way. I will take the opinions of the many Lund owners who are objective and honest about their quality boats. I appreciate the feedback.

15. Member
    Maybe I would rather opt to not publicly list dealers (has nothing to do with the dealers) and make a generalized comment on the lund pricing, which is accurate based on the quotes I have gotten. Prices do differ in different areas of the country. You sound like your really upset and yes mid 60s and no trolling motor is wild, sorry if you think that is fair value, we can agree to disagree. For someone that doesn't own the boat and is just a potential customer you sure seem overly protective and arguementative of this topic. It was general statement on my views of the prices this year for the 1875, based on both dealer quotes after incentives and prices online, no reason to knock anyone, sorry if i said the word wild i didnt think that would be so offensive.

16. Member
    Yes I read your post, and 43k gets you a boat and motor. And how many people are getting the boat with nothing, no stainless prop, how bout the hub kit for the 200 proxs, god forbid a cover. So a buyer needs to be prepared to buy an empty boat and rig it out themselves is what your saying, in order to keep costs down. Its the Lund pricing thats the issue. Other manufacturers are offering a lot more incentive to buy, and rigs that are actually ready to go and loaded up for the same price. Again this is a great boat, really like it, and thats why consumers have lots of options.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 02-21-2020 at 08:55 AM.

17. Member
    I can get a loaded out Basscat or Skeeter for that price. Vexus offers similar priced packages loaded in the same size. Keep building it out to match the standard stuff on those rigs and see where your price goes bud.

18. Banned
    I wonder if Lund will enter the fiberglass bass market. The Pro-V gl boats with some cut down freeboard and consoles pushed back would be an interesting boat. The 2 pro-v gl boats are really the only 2 lunds that IMO have been brought up to date. They could use air ride seats similar to the vexus bass boats due to the design.

19. Member
    Would be interesting to see.

Makes a well equipped X21 Xpress look like a steal at $36,995.00. I priced a Lund on their website recently. You can get really nice glass boat at those prices. Crazy.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast