Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannov5 View Post
    I've owned neither of them, and have never been in a Blazer. I've been a co-angler in a Bullet and they are fast but any rough water and was very unimpressed with the ride. If I'm not mistaken, the Blazer's are of the same design as the old Champion boats which were known for their stable ride in rough water. So depending on where you fish, speed vs ride may be a deciding factor. I would do a bunch of googling since there hasn't been much input on here for you. Good luck!
    21 Bullets are one of the best riding bass boat you will ever step foot on. The #1 reason I bought mine was how well it rode in rough water.
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

2. Member
    When I read that A bullet rides terrible I quit reading, lol. My 21 SDC had an incredible soft ride.

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I stated I wasn’t posting to offend any Blazer owner. I’m not a basher. Nothing was said about one being inferior. If you like your layout better that’s good for you. As far as putting a 7’ rod on the starboard side impossible, you must have been fishing out of the old 17’s. I always lay my rods down on the port side of the deck. I’m in my garage now and for giggles, I laid a 7’ rod in front of the console and still had 24” of carpet left. The 21xd has a long deck. Don’t see where you get a short deck. I like how they sit in the water. I guess we see decks differently. Here’s mine.

Far from offended by your opinion. If you read what I said youll see that I like Bullet boats. I believe I actually said the same thing as you. They have smaller front decks. The poster asked real life opinions of the boats. I gave mine. You gave yours. Whats the issue? Looks like some others got offended by my opinion. Well thats their problem. Would I own a Bullet now after having the space I have in a 625? Probably not. Is a Bullet a nice boat? Absolutely. Maybe I shouldve looked up the dimension of the deck length of the 21XD. Thats my fault and Im not afraid to be wrong on that. I had been in the 19ft version 10 years ago. Before I bought the 625 I was looking at a 20xd. I just didnt like the layout up front.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerVA View Post
    Far from offended by your opinion. If you read what I said youll see that I like Bullet boats. I believe I actually said the same thing as you. They have smaller front decks. The poster asked real life opinions of the boats. I gave mine. You gave yours. Whats the issue? Looks like some others got offended by my opinion. Well thats their problem. Would I own a Bullet now after having the space I have in a 625? Probably not. Is a Bullet a nice boat? Absolutely. Maybe I shouldve looked up the dimension of the deck length of the 21XD. Thats my fault and Im not afraid to be wrong on that. I had been in the 19ft version 10 years ago. Before I bought the 625 I was looking at a 20xd. I just didnt like the layout up front.
    No issues here. We’re good. I was just stating from a 21xd standpoint. This boat is 21’10” and does have a long deck. I’m glad you like your Blazer. I’ve actually seen some I thought was very sharp! The compartments on mine are nice and spacious. The port and starboard rod lockers could hide a body in each! I store rods up to 7’10” in the port and center compartments as well as one 8 footer. Plenty of room. All in all, everyone has their own opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerVA View Post
    Ive been running the Blazer 625 and couldnt be happier. As far as the construction being inferior to a Bullet thats false. Theyre 100% composite hull with lifetime warranty. Not sure you would give that type of warranty for a boat that wasnt built well. Ive owned 2 Blazers now. Been in multiple Bullets. The lay out of the 625 is better for fishing in my opinion. My 7'6'' flipping stick fits easily in the rod lockers. I can fit nine 7'2'' rods on the deck and fish with no issues. Try putting a 7' rod on the front deck of a Bullet in front of the console. Aint happening. Now I am a Bullet fan. Theyre fun to drive and look nice. The deck is short and narrow and sit high in the water. Not a bad thing but if you want fishability Id go Blazer. Especially the newer 625 and 650. I went to the factory and got mine. Got to watch how they were made. Far from a cookie cutter boat.
    where are they made?

Go to a boat show and look down the top cap of both and see how smooth they are. Then stick your hand up under the console and other hidden areas. Youll see pretty quickly which one is built better. I almost had to stop reading after the rough ride comment as well. Thats a myth that just keeps getting renewed by either folks that are jealous or never been in one. The bullet copy came from the older model 202. At that time they also had what appeared to be a ranger copy (210) and got that rep from the transom. The newer ones i see dont seem to be a copy of anything and look good in the lighter colors. They are laid out nicely

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    where are they made?
    florida maybe?

https://blazerboats.com/
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Pensacola Florida

Owner Keith Craft would be happy to give you a tour.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

For ride, build quality, and condition after 10 years...21 foot Bullet all day long...

IMG_3074 by dean c, on Flickr

I’ve owned several blazers imho they are great boats that being said I’ve fished out of a couple of bullets and thought they were also great boats. The 625 is a very nice boat I haven’t actually seen a 650 in person but I always say when it’s a brand layout and Hull give them a year or 2 to get the bugs out
    2023 ranger 198p

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I've worked on a few blazers and they have very little clear gel on them. I'm talking you better not touch it with 400 grit or you'll go through thin. Makes it dang near impossible to do a repair in the flake. They look nice but not impressed. Fished out of the back of a bullet with a long time bullet owner. Wasn't impressed with anything other than the speed personally. He ended up buying my phoenix after riding in it. Said it was the best riding boat he'd ever been in.
    I owned a 210 blazer and agree with everything you said, and could add so much more. I’ll leave it at that. Hopefully they have gotten better in their build process, but I would never consider one again. I have never seen a poorly built Bullet. They are flawless out of the mold.

12. Member
    No boats are flawless..not my brand or yours IMO..

They are both nice boats. The new 650 is a game changer for Blazer in my opinion. Ride in them both..drive them both then buy one that makes you excited to get in it..
    Last edited by falconpilot; 02-20-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

Thank you...Lots of good input guys...I'm interested in that new 650 Blazer and what it will be like in real world #'s...I heard it was just as quick as the 625 and that it supposedly didn't sacrifice much with the bigger platform... but I am still leaning to a new 21 XRS at this time!
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

14. Member
    The 650 deck is huge! I’m hearing 82 light with 250...build quality is pretty nice! You owe it to yourself to look at one, especially considering their price point..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

15. Member
    The ole Bullet/Blazer back and forth lives on. I’ve been involved in many of these. Love both boats. I’ll get back into a blazer in a year or so. Really like bullets also but they need to update there consoles. That’s about the only gripe I have. Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    The 650 deck is huge! I’m hearing 82 light with 250...build quality is pretty nice! You owe it to yourself to look at one, especially considering their price point..
    Well the prices I have gotten so far are more than I think a 650 should be but we shall see when I go thru one...they want a lot for a boat that does not hold it's value as well as a Bullet and with what I see year old ones selling for there is a good hit when you hook it up and drive it away the first time!

17. Member
    Both boats have their pro's and cons's. Quality and resale would go to the Bullet.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post

will a ballistic do that speed also??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

A buddy of mine has a 22 bullet center console saltwater hull. I run a Bass Cat Jag for comparison on ride. The Jag is widely considered one of the best rough water bass hulls out there. My friends 22 bullet is almost as good. He lets me drive it since he is intimidated by driving over 50. So I have a lot of hours behind the wheel. It always surprises me how well it rides in the rough stuff. Very well built. While I prefer the wider fishing platform my Jag has I see no quality issues with the bullet or performance issues. I don't have experience with blazer bass hulls but do with their bay boats. They are considered a mid tier bay boat around here. Not bad but not top shelf. I have fished a couple of times out of one that was a rolled gunnel design. It was fine and handled well. Best advice is to get them on the water before deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    The ole Bullet/Blazer back and forth lives on. I’ve been involved in many of these. Love both boats. I’ll get back into a blazer in a year or so. Really like bullets also but they need to update there consoles. That’s about the only gripe I have. Peace out.
    Which Blazer would you be looking to get back in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast