Thread: Caddo Lake

Caddo Lake

Anyone have any idea how Caddo is fishing currently? I'm making my way to Sam Rayburn and curious if it is work a stop here on the way. I heard it is beautiful and curious if you can catch some numbers on it, or if it's more of a big fish lake? Are the fish moving up there yet? Can you navigate safely with just the navionics and Lakemaster chips.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    If you are into nature and such, Caddo is a must see.
    It is the ONLY natural lake in the entire State of Texas.

The lake in general is very shallow. It is also marked with boat lane poles for navigation. Your GPS will be your friend on this lake for sure.
    Fishing has always been fair to average, but it has produced some real lunkers too.

Another good lake in that area is Lake O The Pines. We used to make a spring and fall trip to Caddo until we discovered Lake O the Pines. Now we go there.
    If you decide to go check out Castaway Inn in Orr Texas. Good place to stay and great people.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Another good lake in that area is Lake O The Pines. We used to make a spring and fall trip to Caddo until we discovered Lake O the Pines. Now we go there.
    If you decide to go check out Castaway Inn in Orr Texas. Good place to stay and great people.
    LOP is my kryptonite. I fish it once a year and I intend to dial that back a little.

5. Member
    Let me know when you get to Rayburn, Im there almost every weekend and would be happy to show you around the lake.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    Randy Deaver is a guide on Caddo. He won a tournament last weekend with 13lbs. Said the fishing was a little tough right now.