Powering-up Sequence Mega 360

I’m currently in the process of updating my electronics with (3) Helix units, (2) at the bow, one with Mega 360 and (1) at the console. My original plan was to network all three units with an ethernet hub, but I’ve now read where a networked unit with Mega 360 needs to be powered up first. Is this correct? If so I may need to rethink networking the console unit, I typically I don’t power up my bow units until I’m where I’m planning to fish.
    If this is correct, what are my options, is there such a thing as an Ethernet switch to isolate the 360 unit untill it’s booted up? Id like to be able to share waypoints with the console unit as well as share views.

im not aware of any specific sequence for turning on the units, been running the mega360 for 2wks now
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!

3. Member
    I don't have a MEGA 360 but in my environment, I do have the 360. I had thought I saw somewhere that if you're sharing the 360 with multiple units via network you should power on the unit you want to use the 360 view with first. For me I always power on my 360 unit last and I only have that unit with 360 selected in the network tab.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    Thanks guys, that’s good to know

FYI, below is what I was referring to, maybe it applies to the initial setup?

From Humminbird’s 360 Imaging for Helix Operations Guide:

“POWER ON AND CONFIRM CONNECTIONS
    All equipment should be connected and powered before you turn on the control head.
    CAUTION! It is important to finish all installation connections before powering on the control head. It may take up to a minute for the 360 Imaging transducer and other attached equipment to be detected by the control head.
    1. Turnonthepowersourcefromthemainswitch.
    2. Onthecontrolhead,pressthe POWERkey.
    If you are powering on a control head in a multiple-control head Ethernet network, power on the control head that is connected to the 360 Imaging transducer first.”

Quote Originally Posted by lauzon4 View Post

All equipment should be connected and powered before you turn on the control head.
    CAUTION! It is important to finish all installation connections before powering on the control head. It may take up to a minute for the 360 Imaging transducer and other attached equipment to be detected by the control head.
    If you are powering on a control head in a multiple-control head Ethernet network, power on the control head that is connected to the 360 Imaging transducer first.”
    i think that is initial installation
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by lauzon4 View Post

That is for the 360 which is an Ethernet accessory. The MEGA 360 is a regular transducer connection.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I always fire up the he Ethernet port 1st, then the 360
    . from there my master unit and then the slave is the last one . I think the most important one to have on first would be the Ethernet switch.

The operations guide doesn't even have the MEGA 360 listed in the Accessory Test listing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    That is for the 360 which is an Ethernet accessory. The MEGA 360 is a regular transducer connection.
    Wayne, They also state the same thing in the on-line “MEGA 360 IMAGING INSTALLATION GUIDE” for both Solix and Helix units.

“HELIX Series
    1. Turn on the power source from the main switch.
    2. On the controls head, press the POWER key. If you are powering on a control head in a multiple-control head Ethernet network, power on the control head that is connected to the MEGA 360 Imaging transducer first.“