Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Tracker Classic

Great boat so far. I have two family members soliciting me to buy the rig. I upgraded the fuel tank from 6 gal to 9 gal and swapped out the hook 4 for a Simrad Go5 XSE at the helm. The boat will cruise at 26 and top end at 36 with a 14 pitch aluminum Spitfire prop. Coming from a Tracker 195 and Fiberglass before that it has been quite a change in speed. I have to admit it has numerous shortcomings compared to previous rides but holds its own on calmer waters and generally a pleasure to to fish from. This boat will rock if fishing dual and your partner is dancing on the rear. I will say that at 11K its a heck of a rig to get out on the water and fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SWA12 View Post
    Great boat so far. I have two family members soliciting me to buy the rig. I upgraded the fuel tank from 6 gal to 9 gal and swapped out the hook 4 for a Simrad Go5 XSE at the helm. The boat will cruise at 26 and top end at 36 with a 14 pitch aluminum Spitfire prop. Coming from a Tracker 195 and Fiberglass before that it has been quite a change in speed. I have to admit it has numerous shortcomings compared to previous rides but holds its own on calmer waters and generally a pleasure to to fish from. This boat will rock if fishing dual and your partner is dancing on the rear. I will say that at 11K its a heck of a rig to get out on the water and fish.
    trying to get my brother to buy one. Is that with the 50hp I assume??
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

3. Member
    Yes sir.

4. Member
    Just bought a 2020 wiTh the 50 to fish smaller lakes. Should be a good little boat. I put the smart vessel on mine so I can track the engine and fuel
    QUIT WISHING AND GO FISHING🐟
    08 skeeter I class 08 yahama 250 98 HYDRASPORT 205 98 EVINRUDE 200 to many other boats to list

5. Member
    I'm considering downsizing from a 19' fiberglass with 150hp to a smaller river rig, so this will be one I consider. Just decided to get something lighter to help with garage storage. Mine is heavy to move around in my garage but great on the water. I know it will be a big change, but I've owned 2 Tracker 17' boats many years ago and also a couple of small glass boats. Where I fish, I don't need a glass boat, so I think aluminum may be the way to go.

My brother just got his in time for our annual family gathering at the Lake this weekend. He loved it. He did mention the tipping if our other brother stepped to the edge but he said its not bad with both sitting. I told him about the 9 gallon swap and he thought it was a good idea. I sold him my 55# Minn Kota off my new 195 as I upgraded myself to an 80# Motorguide, he said it moved him with ease.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kc152977 View Post
    Just bought a 2020 wiTh the 50 to fish smaller lakes. Should be a good little boat. I put the smart vessel on mine so I can track the engine and fuel
    I tried googling "smart vessel" and ended up frustrated. Would you please provide a link to what version you got for your 2020 with the 50?

8. Member
    @ LDHunter

For a Mercury, its likely they were referring to "Vessel View Mobile", a Bluetooth module which provides engine data to an app on Android or iOS. Often times this can be plugged directly to the engine under the cowling and only requires the Vessel View Mobile and a smart phone.

There is also a black box called "Vessel View Link", which is a Smartcraft to NMEA2K interface that can turn select MFD's into a full fledged Mercury Vessel View experience. This one usually cost more to get set up, requires the module, Smartcraft cabling, NMEA network, and a compatible MFD.

I suggest researching both the "Vessel View Mobile" and "Vessel View Link", so that you can make an educated decision. I own both and can attempt to answer questions you may have after you do your research, otherwise there are several well versed on these products over in the Mercury sections.

Also some good info regarding here.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=894952
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 03-16-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Quote Originally Posted by LDHunter View Post
    I tried googling "smart vessel" and ended up frustrated. Would you please provide a link to what version you got for your 2020 with the 50?
    Google vessel view mobile thats what he means
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

10. Member
    Extremely easy install, gives a good amount of info. So far so good. Enjoy the boat. I certainly do.

11. Member
    Well.... I ordered a new 2020 Tracker Classic with the 50hp Mercury and have been waiting a couple of weeks already but had been warned by the boat manager at the Tallahassee Bass Pro that it would likely be 1-2 months before it came in. Apparently the Classic is very much in demand and they can't make them fast enough. I hope I like it as much as I expect to. I live near Lake Talquin here and suspect it will be a great boat for this lake.

I'm thinking of getting the 9 gallon gas tank upgrade or should I just get 2 6 gallon tanks or even better two 9 gallon tanks? Lake Talquin is a 14 mile long reservoir. It will usually just be me or me and my girlfriend in it and gear will be about average. I will likely do a little flats type fishing with it to near the St Marks Lighthouse.

Another question. Does anyone have an actual front to back measurement for the boat on trailer with the tongue folded back? I'm trying make room in my garage.

12. Member
    One 9 gallon tank will be all you need unless your going full out to and fro. I cruise around lake Douglas for a couple of day's before I start thinking about fuel. That 50 hp Merc get's good mileage as long as your not hammer down all the time.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWA12 View Post
    One 9 gallon tank will be all you need unless your going full out to and fro. I cruise around lake Douglas for a couple of day's before I start thinking about fuel. That 50 hp Merc get's good mileage as long as your not hammer down all the time.
    Does the 6 gallon tank that comes with the boat have a gas guage? How about the 9 gallon they sell?

14. Member
    The tank that comes with the boat had a float gauge. The 9 gal tank I replaced it with is the same.

15. Member
    I have a 2019 Tracker very happy with it. I would just try the 6 gallon tank first these 50hp Mercury's just sip the gas. Second they are a little tippy, for the money I've saved so be it. There is a channel that runs on the right front deck under carpet they have a piece of tin you can take up. If you pull carpet up then the tin can run all your cables I also put my cables in plastic conduit. With the money I've saved it was pretty easy buying a Garmin Panoptix Livescope with 2 9in screens one on the console and one up front. I know a lot of people poo poo the trolling motor but I really haven't had any trouble being in a pretty good wind with it, just turn up the power. When I fish I normally only go for 4-5 hours and trolling battery still has plenty of power. I bought the factory cover for mine it's pricey but fits like a glove. Didn't mean to hijack the thread was just throwing some ideas out there. Have fun in your boats.

16. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    The stock trolling motor on the Classic should be fine for that size boat most of the time. I'm a no excuses kind of person when it comes to equipment so would put an 80lb thrust on anything bigger than a little Jon boat but that's basically what the Classic is...a nicely decked Jon boat.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

17. Member
    oooooohhhhh.... The fur's fixin' to fly... LOL

18. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by LDHunter View Post
    oooooohhhhh.... The fur's fixin' to fly... LOL
    Just in case this was directed at my Jon boat comment I was in no way trying to put down the Tracker Classic. For what it is it's a really nice setup for the money. Just nothing special about it except the fact you seem to get a lot of boat for your money and can see why it's so popular.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    The stock trolling motor on the Classic should be fine for that size boat most of the time. I'm a no excuses kind of person when it comes to equipment so would put an 80lb thrust on anything bigger than a little Jon boat but that's basically what the Classic is...a nicely decked Jon boat.
    Wrong!!
    The trolling motor works fine for that boat. I have the heritage same boat just not painted and only has the 40hp. I've fished in some strong winds and currents and that edge has done fine. don't need no 80 pound trolling motor for that light boat.

20. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Wrong!!
    The trolling motor works fine for that boat. I have the heritage same boat just not painted and only has the 40hp. I've fished in some strong winds and currents and that edge has done fine. don't need no 80 pound trolling motor for that light boat.
    I agree and said in the post you quoted that the 45 Edge would probably be fine for that little boat. It's not for everyone but is probably fine for 95% of people on that hull. I do think Tracker is messing up putting that same motor standard on the 175 and 190 (unless you get the tournament edition) but just about everyone would agree on that.

Either way I'm causing nothing but drama in this thread so this will be my last post in it. And again if I bought the Heritage I'd probably stick with the 45 Edge because it looks like it would be plenty sufficient on that hull.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast