Optimax bad pcm?

I have a 2004 mercury optimax engine. Serial number: OT833423P. I bought a ranger 188VS that had been setting up for a while. I’m not getting any voltage to my high pressure fuel pump. I also don’t get any click from my main power solenoid. I have tested the solenoid by ohming it and also by applying voltage and listening for the “click”. I have installed a brand new key switch, I have disconnected my kill switch and also verified it’s functionality, and I’ve applied 12 volts to the fuel pump directly to verify it’s working. It looks like all roads so far are pointing to PCM issues. With the key turned on I don’t get the initial beep from my warning beeper but rather a very tiny click from said beeper. I also noticed that with the key on the PCM was getting warm on the front side so I took it off the engine with it still hooked up and noticed it was getting even warmer on the back. It never got hot just warmer than I thought it should have been. Any help or advice on these issues would be much appreciated. Also my smartcraft gauge isn’t showing any engine hours or battery voltage with the key on.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Duplicate post- see your thread in the 2.5L forum for assistance.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor