Graph install avx 1880

Installing a new graph. What is the best way to get the transducer cable to the console. I have tried following the hydraulic steer lines but my fish tape only goes so far and stops. I took the throttle cover lose and I cant see my fish tape. I see the steer lines. I see two small tubes in the bilge area. Does any know were they go. One is empty and the other has one electric wire going into it. they are below the rigging tube area. I am going to run the fish tape down them tomorrow. Any tips would be great.

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....612&highlight=

Follow the hydraulic lines. Don't use a standard fish tape for this, use the fiberglass rods. Cheap at harbor freight.

Remove the aluminum panel where you'll mount the fish finder at, so you can see inside the driver console easier.

FNow remove the rear hydraulic line cover with the 3 screws and lift that cover as high as possible, so you have better access to the hole itself.

Remove the screws on your side console area. Top panel, 2 screws on both ends. Then IIRC, 2 more along the bottom edge. The 2 on the angle bracket hidden by the seat. Now I don't know if you have to, but I also removed the bottom 3 or 4 screws on the fiberglass panel just in case.

Now pry the top aluminum panel back. May need to pry around to loosen it. It'll still be held down, this will give you enough wiggle room to see what you need to do.

Now open up your front starboard compartment. Look underneath and towards the console. You will see a big plastic conduit. Cut a hole at the bottom bend big enough for your cable connectors. Maybe slightly bigger.

Now grab your fiberglass rod, you'll need to connect 2 of them together. Go to the hydraulic opening. Feed the rod into the opening. You should be able to see it appear in the side console opening. Tape your transducer cable to the end of the rod still sticking out of the rear opening. Go back to your side console and start pulling your glass rod until you get the transducer cable. Now remove the tape.

Now grab a single rod and go back to your front starboard compartment. Feed it into the hole you cut towards the side console. The rod end should poke right out. Now grab your transducer end and tape it to this rod. Pull through into your compartment. Now feed it upwards into the console.

You can try to feed the fiber rod through that big conduit without cutting into it but I couldn't and this made it much easier.

Thanks. Got it installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Excellent. I've ran cables twice now. I'm gonna have to do it 1 more time this week. Hopefully that'll be the last time for a long time lol.

5. Member
    Do you guys have any tips to run an additional Ethernet cable from the console to bow? It appears that the existing cable is foamed in.......help!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyConway View Post
    Do you guys have any tips to run an additional Ethernet cable from the console to bow? It appears that the existing cable is foamed in.......help!!
    On a 1880?

There's a tube at the rear of your front starboard compartment that runs to the bow.

Remove the fiberglass foot control tray thingy. You'll see where the tube opens to.