2080 200 G2 prop testing

Just wondering if anybody has done any prop testing with the 200 G2. Mine came with a 24 Raker HO and runs okay but I feel like there's more left. It's also hard to stay under 6k RPMS when its just my big a$$ in the boat with a full load. Has anybody tested fury or tempest and in what pitches? I've been thinking about just going to a 25 Raker HO and calling it good....but they're very hard to find used and I'm not paying $600 for a new one.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

2. Member
    that sounds about what mine is doing except my rpm is around 5800 WOT 63 mph with full fuel, lots of tackle and 10 rods. my gravitational pull is around 255-260

raker 24 x 14.5
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Buy new props or plan on sending it to a reputable prop shop. If you buy used and don't have it put to spec by a good shop then you have no idea what you have and your stating point. Case in point. I once bought a used prop of a guy here on BBC and it looked great. When I got it I noticed it was stamped indicating it had been worked for some reason. I ran it and could tell it was not even close to where it should be because of my experience with other props. Thankfully he took it back and I didn't have to spend a couple hundred extra to have it put back to spec.
    With a new rig like you have you need to know the prop is in spec for your starting point.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Like you mine came with a 24 Raker HO, i have tried Fury 25, 26 Tempest 26.
    The Raker was the best for me.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    that sounds about what mine is doing except my rpm is around 5800 WOT 63 mph with full fuel, lots of tackle and 10 rods. my gravitational pull is around 255-260

raker 24 x 14.5
    Just had mine in a tournament today. Granted it's a little cool here in IL/MO but with me at 330 lbs, my dad at 210 lbs, a full tank of gas and all our tackle I ran right around 64/65 this morning and 63 and some change with the wells full on the way back. I still couldn't trim all the way out because I was all over 6k RPMs. I was running about 67 by myself in practice and filled the wells just so I could trim a little more. With just me in the boat and full gas and tackle but wells empty I bet I could run 6300RPM if i were to trim all the way out. I'm thinking I need to go 25 raker or tempest but was hoping somebody had played around a bit.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Mine of course is an xpress but it runs best with a fury 4 or a promax. Both of them are about equal and were better than the raker all around. I heard they were made by solas now- sure aint as good as they used to be, and about twice the money they should be if solas is in fact making them

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector