Thread: 2005 optimax

Question 2005 optimax

<1b149852> Hey was on lake today my motor started beeping .beep 2 or 3 then quit for a while put it in breaking mode double oil.got to ramp you can turn key on and it a min does the same beeps without motor running. Anyone have any ideas thanks
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-16-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Serial Number

Voltage or a sensor out of range, have it scanned
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    My serial no on this 205 optimax 1b149852 this beeper goes off within 2 min with motor not running .charged battery and ck all connections.still beeps within a couple min with key on

4. Member
    Just wondering, would a merc monitor level 1 give any insight to the issue?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownfish62 View Post
    My serial no on this 205 optimax 1b149852 this beeper goes off within 2 min with motor not running .charged battery and ck all connections.still beeps within a couple min with key on
    Yes, a MercMonitor would give some insight via a Fault or Fault Code when the fault is occurring.

No idea why you would put the engine in break-in mode. That simply further complicated the situation as you are now using TWICE the amount of oil, potentially fouling plugs, and the only way to get rid of that is to run the engine under a heavy load, 3500 or more RPM's for at least 120 minutes. Any run time that does not meet those criteria will not count.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: There are many dozens of potential faults. You will need to get it in and have it put on the Computer Diagnostic System for PRINTOUTS of:

-Run History

-Fault Seconds Counters

-Freeze Frame (Fault) History

I am happy to review these for you, if necessary.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Put it on computer the guy said oil tank float is bad .the tank was full said this fault had went off 376 times can you clean the tank and make float work again.i always used klotz oil in it has 300 hrs never had a problem

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownfish62 View Post
    can you clean the tank and make float work again.i always used klotz oil in it has 300 hrs never had a problem
    No, tank must be replaced and will require an oil pump prime sequence after replacement.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

REPLACE tank and have oil pump prime sequence run on the Computer Diagnostic System.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor