Thread: Locks

Locks

Do the DuraSafe locks work on the Garmin Echomap Ultra 120 series? I have a Humminbird Helix 12 G2N that I have the locks for and I’m wondering if same locks will work?

2. Member
    Yup just need to use the right bolt that came with the Durasafe package. There are instructions in the package that tells you which bolt for which units.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Member
    Thank you!

4. Member
    But I think that just locks the knobs. The Echomap Ultra units still snap into a cradle. Wish they didn't as I leave my unit on my boat all the time. When I take my unit off I just remove my ram mount. Not a big fan of the cradle.

5. Member
    I don't believe any of the locks you can get is going to stop anyone that wants your units and comes prepared. I have locked the knobs on the cradles and have locked the knobs on the Ram Mounts this gives me a little better feeling while I am in having a bugger after fishing. With out the locks anyone walking by could remove a sounder is seconds. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yeah locks are worthless on the Ultra units. Units are in cradles and are removed from cradle, not the whole thing.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Well I guess I didn’t even think about the cradle...looks like I’ll just have to remove that unit when away from the boat. I agree even with the locks anybody could take them but at lesser they have to work a little and will stall them a few mins.

8. Member
    It's a shame but it is what it is. I have locks on my other units. Like it says above the locks are just to slow a thief down.
    Really with the Ultra units all I have to do is disconnect 2 cables and then loosen the ram mount enough to take the unit, cradle and the other half of the ram mount off. Less than 2 minutes for sure. Pretty scary!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    It's a shame but it is what it is. I have locks on my other units. Like it says above the locks are just to slow a thief down.
    Really with the Ultra units all I have to do is disconnect 2 cables and then loosen the ram mount enough to take the unit, cradle and the other half of the ram mount off. Less than 2 minutes for sure. Pretty scary!
    That is why I installed Ram Mount locks also. I used to just tighten the 2 1/4" mounts down with the wrench Ram sold and you can get them so tight that loosening them by hand is nearly impossible.
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

10. Member
    I have Ram locks also on my other units but they won't help when it comes to these Garmin units with cradles. No way to lock the cradle. 30 seconds or less and someone can walk off with your unit.