Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My new 21 SDC is so fast..........

It blew 3 of the domed letters off the side of the boat Did finally get the 4 hours on the engine so I could air it out a little bit, tried to stay around 5000 rpms, hit 75 a couple of times, it was windy and lake was pretty choppy. Lots to get used to, the boat blows around a lot more than my Triton 21 TRX, lot less front deck space. Having an issue with livewell filling, not sure what the deal is, it was about half full when I blasted off, ran for several minutes then shut it down, livewell did not continue to fill, after jacking with it for awhile it finally filled up. I think I need to take a plug or two out of the Bravo prop, pretty sluggish coming out of the hole with full tank of gas and livewell full. What are ya'll doing about the domed letters ? Sticking with them or getting something different ?

2. Member
    I’d call Tom @ Bullet about the decals. They’ll prolly warranty another set. Boat prolly wasnt prepped correctly. I never had any come off on 2 Bullets over the past 11 yrs.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

3. Member
    Call Bullet about the decals, they wax the boat before applying them. Mine had a couple blow off, thet sent me another set, have hull ID number ready so they can send right ones.

Tom can help with live well, make sure the livwell plug is closed, if it's not the water will remain same as lake level and spill out while you are running.

I also came from a triton trx, after a couple months you'll forget about Triton. Deck is longer but narrower. It does blow around more, I solved that with an Ultrex and power poles.

It will ride much much better than the Triton and hit the water much softer. Seat time is key

4. Member
    My Bullets I've had are way better than the 21 Triton I had, and a good friend of mine has a 22 ft Triton and loves the way my Bullet rides

5. Member
    Well fished the first tourney in it today, we did not get to practice so not too disappointed, took 7th out of 27 teams, boat did well but it will barely get out of the hole when the livewell is full, that thing holds lots of water, i think i need to remove some plugs from my Bravo 28. Scuffed the rub rail pretty good on a tree, wind blew me into it, i think it was a Bois d arc tree, hard as steel.

6. Member
    What motor are you running?, I have a 300XS I run a 25p Bravo XS for fishing, gets out of the hole great, wish it was a 26 p so I could run a little faster, right now I could run my 28 p Bravo XS because it's cold, need to put my 30 Pro ET on and see if I can get to 95 or so

7. Kllr bee
    I run a 28 Merc Pro Max prop on my 21 XD with 300XS it does not follow anyone at takeoff. It has 8 pvs plug holes I plug 6 of them.
    Richard

8. Member
    I would like to try that prop

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kllr bee View Post
    I run a 28 Merc Pro Max prop on my 21 XD with 300XS it does not follow anyone at takeoff. It has 8 pvs plug holes I plug 6 of them.
    Richard
    My boat is fine when the wells are not full.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    My boat is fine when the wells are not full.
    That's strange, I'm running a 250 ProXS 2 stoke and a 29 Bravo, 8 holes and two plugged ..... it jumps out of the hole like a scalded dog full livewells or not. Did you have a wedge installed?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    That's strange, I'm running a 250 ProXS 2 stoke and a 29 Bravo, 8 holes and two plugged ..... it jumps out of the hole like a scalded dog full livewells or not. Did you have a wedge installed?
    No wedge but almost all of the plugs are in, I think maybe two are out, there is a total of 6 or 8 I think. I am going to play with the venting first chance I get.

12. Member
    Did you ever step foot in one before you bought it....
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianOutlaw! View Post
    Did you ever step foot in one before you bought it....
    Yes I did, what the hell is that supposed to mean ?

14. Banned
    What's your prop to pad numbers... And what's this wedge you speak of???...

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Yes I did, what the hell is that supposed to mean ?
    I think he questioning if you've ever been is a 21SDC before buying one... Dan

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post

I kind of took it as a smart arse remark but maybe I over reacted, sorry for that. I was in a 21 XRS which is the same boat, there were three very grown men in the boat, it came out of the hole fine but it did have the sporty 175, mine is the 162, as I said in an earlier post I believe the venting on the prop will probably satisfy my hole shot, if not I will drop down in pitch.

16. Banned

The wedges (between jack plate and the motor) give you more negative trim-in (tuck under). To be honest with you I've never checked my prop to shaft height on this boat. From my understanding of the previous owner, my boat (which was quite possibly the very first XRS made) went through some vigorous set-up and prop trials until it was dialed in right. When I bought it, he said #1 on the jackplate (hydraulic plate) is where she runs best. First day I took it out I hit 82 mph and I knew before hand from doing some research on the boat that 82 was about as good as it gets with my set-up. 350 hrs. later on the motor and a little bit of a nicked up 29 Bravo she still hits 79/80 solo. I'm not quite ready to buy my two miles per hour back.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 02-18-2020 at 08:44 AM.

17. Banned
    The wedges (between jack plate and the motor) give you more negative trim-in (tuck under).
    Who made the wedges???... Thanks for the response... Dan

18. Banned
    Who made the wedges???... Thanks for the response... Dan
    not sure but it has an Atlas jackplate so maybe the TH Marine wedges .... https://thmarinesupplies.com/collect...-transom-wedge

19. Member

20. Banned
    ... Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast