1997 519SVS Deck Extension (Pre-made)

Anyone know if this is something that Ranger makes and I’m not talking about the smaller shelf type screw in insert, but something that goes all the way back to the end of the rod locker on the passenger side with lids, etc.?

2. Member
    Yes Ranger did make one....has a lid to make it storage friendly. Of course, that was a while back, so you'll needto call Ranger.

3. Member
    D7752739-4195-4355-A144-E159B9354D13.jpegOrdered 2/21 and took Right at about 4 mos. with all that is going on, but finally got it and got it installed - very happy - replaced the “half-deck” insert.62B387E1-6ED2-4FC0-B741-A12F2A42D27E.jpeg
    Last edited by carolina_cowboy01; 07-08-2020 at 12:20 AM.

4. Member
    Just curious is your lid hinged ?

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m just now looking at this post, Ron, and I must say it looks great! Very nice boat you have there, and that extension is a sweet addition.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadracer10 View Post
    Just curious is your lid hinged ?
    No it is not - as some have mentioned before it has the “wedge in” brackets on the rear of the door and a perko latch to secure it. Attached to both sections is strap with quick release clips.

7. Member
    1E5418B0-D68B-4F45-A2A6-F7A46F2A14B1.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I’m just now looking at this post, Ron, and I must say it looks great! Very nice boat you have there, and that extension is a sweet addition.
    Thanks John.

Interesting story behind that boat. It was Bill Horne’s (of Anglers Choice out of Martinsville, VA) demo boat for about 6 months. My fishing partner at the time bought it from Bill as basically a “newish” boat. Our first tournament together out of that boat was a Wed evening wildcat on Shearon Harris lake outside of Raleigh. At the time I was running a Ranger I loved - a very uniquely colored (100% poly-flaked top cap, sides AND bottom in Midnight Sapphire with Gold “ghost” pinstripes) 1987 374V with a Mercury 150 XR2 that was a really fast Ranger - some Rangers even of the same model are just faster than others - the motor has a lot to do with it, but I’m convinced some hulls are just faster for whatever reason and this was one of them. Anyways, I digress; When I pulled up to the ramp that late afternoon and saw my buddies new boat sitting in the water I said to myself, Self, I’m gonna own that boat one day. Blast off just secured that thought in my head. Harris is a small lake, but that Ranger was really fast outrunning every boat up the lake to get to what at the time was a main lake point holding a ton of fish. When all the waves settled there were 3 boats sitting on this spot. Funny thing is only I could get the crankbait they were hitting down deep enough (super top secret modified DD22 and 8lb line) to get bit and was catching 5 to my partners 1 and 0 for the other 2 boats that got fed up and left. We ended up winning that night. Anyways another digression; my buddy ended up shortly thereafter with a “prostaff” deal through Sandy and Nick that required him to be in a new boat every year then selling it (everyone knows this scenario) so he had to get rid of his current boat after also only having it < 6 months. Guess who bought it (yeah I actually owned 2 Rangers at one time)? So I ended up with that boat with about 12 mos. of “use” on it and have had it ever since (late 1998-early 1999 timeframe). I just wish she would fit in my 2.5 car garage but it’s just too long. I’ve kept it covered and taken care of it, but that sun beats the hell out of them even covered.

Which brings up another interesting story - I’ve had 4 custom covers from Ranger since owning it. The first came with it and over 20+ years I’ve bought / had them make three for me. The last of which this is about. When chasing down the status of my 4 month old deck extension order and finally finding someone there that went the extra 10 miles for me to keep me posted on progress, it became apparent that changes were coming and I wondered (a) would I ever be able to communicate this easily with Ranger again, (b) would I ever be able to order another cover directly from them as rumors were/are rampant about what services would be discontinued (i.e. serial # given, custom cover ordered, done, etc.) so I asked this person if I could order a cover (I know this was THE day that they stopped taking orders directly). This person confirmed I could and and after submitting my order in writing to them, called me to walk through the details of the order and indicated it would be 8-12 weeks for delivery. I replied NP. Well my deck extension was delivered 2 weeks later and guess what was sitting on the front porch with it (both had been shipped FedEx 2 Day) - yup, my 8-12 week cover order. I emailed this person immediately to express my gratitude; they asked that I call back once I had put the cover on the boat and confirmed EVERYTHING was just as I wanted, which it was and I did. Knowing this was a bit of “an end of an era” with Ranger in some regards, this was a really nice way to close that chapter.

I take care of the boat - This year I replaced the carpet, had WackyRiggers install a unique electronics mount set-up for my Lowrances and installed the deck extension. The rear folding and front bike seats have been replaced, TM was replaced and upgraded with all of the TH Marine accessories, a Red One Systems handle and she gets pm’d regularly. When I have some fishing downtime crank68 is going to get her for skin replacement, or a change to buckets and a coin box plus an Emerald City shine-up.
    Last edited by carolina_cowboy01; 07-08-2020 at 12:22 AM.

8. Member
    Last edited by carolina_cowboy01; 07-08-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    Anyone who has them knows this chore - This past wkdAttachment 415941Attachment 415944Attachment 415945Attachment 415946Attachment 415947 Great fun doing these in 95 degree heat with 90+% humidity
    Your attachments come up as "Invalid". I'd really like to see them !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Your attachments come up as "Invalid". I'd really like to see them !!
    Should be fixed