Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I never met him, or conversed with him ! But I saw his video ! God Bless him, and best wishes, and sympathies to his family ! It must have been quite a struggle for so long ! Peace to him, he sure deserves the break now !

2. Member
    I sure I’d like to see that video, I can’t locate it. God bless his soul and his family.

3. Member
    RIP Smallmouthguy

4. Member
    Met Jim one evening at Kincaid Lake in Ill. We talked for an hour or so, very nice guy. Sorry to hear the news.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

5. Member
    Thanks Rodney, I know you know how much Jim thought of you Bub, and it was my pleasure to meet you at Jims visitation in Paris, Tn.... I know your presence there was a great comfort to our family, and just know that Jim loved you all, loved that big Triton, and knew how to get that gal to fly....

Please keep Janet, Eli, and the girls and their families in your prayers....

6. Member
    So sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I was on some back in the mid 2000's. We had alot of fun Prayers for family and friends.
    Last edited by cfieldbasser; 02-29-2020 at 04:43 PM.

I just read where he had passed. I knew he had been sick. The video Rodney mentioned that Smallmouthguy shared was great. It helped me learn how to drive my 2004 TR21X. May he Rest In Peace.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlh1955 View Post
    I just read where he had passed. I knew he had been sick. The video Rodney mentioned that Smallmouthguy shared was great. It helped me learn how to drive my 2004 TR21X. May he Rest In Peace.
    Do you have a link to his video? I would like to see it.

Look on YouTube. I’ll check also. Prob on here somewhere.

I think this is it. On YouTube. Chine Walking Help. TeamBrownStripe 4min42sec long

Jim was a great guy! Had a chance to fish with him on KY lake and we had a great time. Anytime Sarah and I was down there we loved to meet up with Jim and Janet for dinner. Jim will be missed greatly and we are keeping the family in our prayers.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

12. Member
    This is the toughest posting I have ever had to write (on any board – Bar None). I considered Jim my “Personal Outdoor Mentor” and more importantly a true friend. When he and Janet lived and worked in Southern Illinois, we discovered we only lived about 12 miles apart and both had the same boat, except my motor was black (as he would say). Anyway, I had been searching for recent posts regarding his health and treatment progress without success throughout last year and earlier this year. Finally, last night I discovered a different way to search, and I discovered this thread. To say the very, very least, my heart was broken, halfway through the very first sentence posted by Rodney, and the tears began to flow. In fact, I cried most of the night. To make matters so much worse, I am 14 months late and totally missed the opportunity to attend the services. Jim and Janet were wonderful to me (and my son). Jim and I fished, and bow hunted together. We spent several hours on the water “dialing” in my Triton’s setup and then he taught me to drive (although he made it look so easy). As a testament to the kind of man Jim was, and the influence he had with those who knew him; One day he took me to see Rodney at Jet-A-Marine when I was interested in a different prop. Rodney did not know me from Adam (and probably still doesn’t), but because I walked in with Jim, Rodney stepped out-of-bounds and allowed us a tremendous advantage to help with my prop selection process. He knew if Jim trusted me, then he could trust me. Jim was an amazing man, and I will never forget him. Throughout our lives, there are just a few people we cross paths with that have a tremendous positive impact on us leaving a permanent, indelible impression. Jim was that person to me. I know all my prayers for him, and his wonderful family were finally answered. It just was not the outcome I wanted….

13. Member
    Since so many have asked about the video Jim made about Chine Walk; I decided to upload the video here, and on a new post (more appropriately titled for easier searching). My original intent was to post the video only on a new separate thread. But, I decided to include it here in hopes it might keep this thread current and keep the memory of Jim and his MANY BBC contributions fresh, that maybe more members could see how much he meant to those who knew him personally or just virtually through BBC.

I was not with Jim when he made the video but I do have a personal copy. At some point (around 2010 or so) the BBC Boards were converted to a new host and some of the older postings were lost, or failed to migrate correctly. The video was shot before the days of HD "GoPro" cameras, so the resolution is not the greatest but you will clearly be able to hear his audio description and see the arm actions and counter adjustments Jim makes with the steering wheel. I hope this helps those of you who wanted to see Jim's technique and explanation. I can say when we were together, he made slight one-handed adjustments with ease, almost like he was petting a puppy, and I fought the wheel like I was in a hurricane to achieve the same result - Jim made it look so easy....

The video is accessible via the link below (Google Drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/133b...ew?usp=sharing

Man I hate to hear this. I think Smallmouth Guy and I joined BBC around the same time. We used to have some good conversations along with Rodney and old Mark from New York (who passed many years ago).

15. Member
    I never meet him , but prayer's to him and his family . I do miss talking to Mark from NY . He was a nother good guy also.

16. Member
    I think his video should be made a "sticky"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12