Thread: Ultrex update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ultrex update

With the classic around the corner has anyone heard if Minn Kota is going to have a V2 for the Ultrex? I assume with all the other big names and Powerpole releasing brushless motors that Minn Kota would as well. I want to ditch my Fortrex this year but I know if I bought an Ultrex now MK would come out and say they are updating the Ultrex.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

2. Moderator
    The Ultrex as is will not disappoint, of your waiting for the latest and greatest then You’ll never buy because it’s a constant change in models/options. Drop the fetti on an Ultrex and you’ll be happy.

3. Member
    I had the ultrex on my last boat and livescope. I just upgraded to livesscope. I did not use the spotlock like i thought i would, with that said the ultrex is a awesome trolling motor. Im really interested in the new motorguide tour or the garmin. THE THOUGHT OF PAYING 3 grade for them makes me nauseous.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    You’ll never buy because it’s a constant change in models/options.

You just have to go with it unless you want to wait after Icast which is in July. The only other thing i see is that Power Pole is coming out with their TM and that's per a PP dealer on here.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I wish someone would make one with just spotlock. Maybe the price would be under a grand.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSTEP View Post
    I wish someone would make one with just spotlock. Maybe the price would be under a grand.
    You can't find a Fortrex for a $1000 these days.

7. Member
    The only thing I'm disappointed about the Ultrex is that I pissed around for 2 years before buying one.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    The only thing I'm disappointed about the Ultrex is that I pissed around for 2 years before buying one.
    I have said on many an occasion that if somehow spot lock no longer existed I might quit fishing. Once you have it and see what a better fisherman you are with it you can't picture being without it. I guess I always knew it but it's amazing how good the fishing is when it's windy and you can still pick apart areas.

9. Member
    It's a Game Changer

10. Member
    I had one of the first before a few of the first changes and I would buy one now without hesitation

11. Banned
    I'm holding out until they offer the Ultrex without a transducer in the motor... I know it's just me, but the built in transducers are ugly... Dan

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkt1 View Post
    I had the ultrex on my last boat and livescope. I just upgraded to livesscope. I did not use the spotlock like i thought i would, with that said the ultrex is a awesome trolling motor. Im really interested in the new motorguide tour or the garmin. THE THOUGHT OF PAYING 3 grade for them makes me nauseous.
    Watch Kyle Welcher's latest YouTube videos. He has the MG Tour on his Ranger. Has to be the loudest trolling motor I've heard in over a decade.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    Watch Kyle Welcher's latest YouTube videos. He has the MG Tour on his Ranger. Has to be the loudest trolling motor I've heard in over a decade.
    He didn't seem to thrilled with it.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I'm holding out until they offer the Ultrex without a transducer in the motor... I know it's just me, but the built in transducers are ugly... Dan
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Not just that, but if you ever wanted to attach a different transducer on it would make very difficult. I would much rather be able to just remove bad one and replace new one myself.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSTEP View Post
    The issue is Spotlock means a GPS antenna integration to the controls so from there spotlock or itrack is just software.

The question should be why cant we use the Bluetooth to connect our phone and let that be the GPS integration. Bluetooth is already in many Tmotors and you can push GPS positioning out of your phone via Bluetooth (there are several apps that do this).

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    The question should be why cant we use the Bluetooth to connect our phone and let that be the GPS integration.
    $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $... They want they're money... Dan

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    The issue is Spotlock means a GPS antenna integration to the controls so from there spotlock or itrack is just software.

The question should be why cant we use the Bluetooth to connect our phone and let that be the GPS integration. Bluetooth is already in many Tmotors and you can push GPS positioning out of your phone via Bluetooth (there are several apps that do this).
    As a developer a few questions pop up.
    Which cell phone... not all have gps... not many have accuracy of the gps.
    Second how long does you cell communicate using gps and Bluetooth??? 20-30 minutes? It is a power draw.
    Third and last is what type of gps software is the cell phone using?
    It may seem simple but there are lots of things to concider.

Personally I wouldn't want to rely on cell phone gps....

19. Member
    Love my ultrex and spot lock is awesome wish I had it 20 yrs ago I don't even carry an anchor any more I even use it to hold boat in party cove when not fishing LOL ��

20. Member
    Ultrex is a great trolling motor, I use spot lock all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast