Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Show us your Quickcare, Quickclean, PP cocktail 10 gal shooter containers please!

Was just shopping for some containers to store pre-mixed 10 gal shooters of the recommended two stroke outboard longevity blend. So if you could, please show us your 10 gal shooter container ideas...

Was thinkin' of like some kinda 6-pack container with bottles, maybe those oil premix bottles or a handful of these 12 oz Nagalene plastic flasks may take up very little space? Wonder if those are oil resistant?

61huhxVFG0L._AC_SL1163_.jpg

<Read Announcements, Please>

Lol, in case some forgot, here's the blend:
    2oz Quickare
    2oz Quickleen
    8.5 oz Premium Plus tcw3 two stroke oil
    Per 10 gallons of (mid grade?) gas.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-15-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Announcements
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Perhaps one of the easiest to obtain is the same bottle (12oz) that Quickare and Quickleen come in. Just the right size... and guaranteed compatible with the products.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I use a plastic baby bottle,it’s marked with ounces and cc’s. It’s also got a leak proof top so you can shake it up,if needed. Most any grocery store has them.

I use 12oz Sprite bottles with the labels removed. I used to use clear Coke bottles but my wife was worried some one might think it was a Coke with the label removed so I switched to green Sprite bottles. They have lasted about 4 years now and I keep reusing them. I bought small tote at Walmart that holds 8 of them.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    I use the plastic Coke bottles. I premix them for different amounts of fuel. Some for ten gallons, some for fifteen gallons and some for twenty gallons. Mark the amount on each one with a Sharpie and reuse them. Keep them in the back of the truck so I have them when I refuel. Very convenient.
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I use 12oz Sprite bottles with the labels removed. I used to use clear Coke bottles but my wife was worried some one might think it was a Coke with the label removed so I switched to green Sprite bottles. They have lasted about 4 years now and I keep reusing them. I bought small tote at Walmart that holds 8 of them.
    Simple! Cheap too. How do you guys measure with these soda bottles?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Perhaps one of the easiest to obtain is the same bottle (12oz) that Quickare and Quickleen come in. Just the right size... and guaranteed compatible with the products.
    I like this one, since those Quick bottles have a nice long neck the'll be easy to pour too. Maybe use the baby bottle to measure first, then transfer to the Quick bottle!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I use a plastic baby bottle,it’s marked with ounces and cc’s. It’s also got a leak proof top so you can shake it up,if needed. Most any grocery store has them.
    I really like this idea best, because they're often made of pretty thick plastic and a stout lid and seal right? If you're in a bind you can oil a squeaky baby too. Lol, NOT the bottles that have a plastic bag core?

9. Member
    I use the Stabil bottle that fills into the graduated nozzle

10. Member
    Murph, is that the bottle with a 1 1/2 oz(?) chamber at the top with a connector channel, such that when you squeeze the bottle, the chamber gets filled? Then you pour that out into your tank several times?

11. Member
    I too use the original bottles. They have the ounces marked on them already so it’s easy to use.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

I use some glass bottles with the metal lids. I pre-measure the cocktail into each bottle at home and put them in the boat before I head out for fuel. I believe at one time they were 16 oz Snapple drinks.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
    Murph, is that the bottle with a 1 1/2 oz(?) chamber at the top with a connector channel, such that when you squeeze the bottle, the chamber gets filled? Then you pour that out into your tank several times?
    yep. That’s the one

I just re-use one of the Quickleen bottles. Pre-mix with 4 ounces Quickare, 8 ounces Quickleen since their application rates are different. Although I see little need for it in every tank when I’m running fresh non-ethanol gas thru it regularly. More need for it when the tank sits longer in Winter.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I just re-use one of the Quickleen bottles. Pre-mix with 4 ounces Quickare, 8 ounces Quickleen since their application rates are different. Although I see little need for it in every tank when I’m running fresh non-ethanol gas thru it regularly. More need for it when the tank sits longer in Winter.
    We're recommending (and MUCH testing has confirmed) that a 1:1 (Quickleen/Quickare) ratio works very well. Whether or not the fuel has ethanol- in EVERY tank of fuel. The biggest items this is targeting is the cleanliness of the combustion chambers, the VERY expensive Direct/Air Injectors, and the exhaust. It's benefits for the fuel system are excellent, but IMHO are a "secondary" to the above.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

16. Member
    Do you use the 8.5 oz of premium plus if you are using the DFI oil in your motor?
    2020 Caymas CX20

Quote Originally Posted by stepup View Post
    Do you use the 8.5 oz of premium plus if you are using the DFI oil in your motor?
    Yes. The premium plus in the fuel benefits the fuel injectors.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAB View Post
    I too use the original bottles. They have the ounces marked on them already so it’s easy to use.
    ^^^^^^

19. Member
    Another one here for using original bottles and a small funnel. I keep several empties with the label on and just pour half a bottle of Quickleen into an empty then 1/2 of bottle of Quickcare into that same bottle, shake and I have a full bottle of cocktail. I put masking tape on it and write that it's mixed on said date. The other two halves get mixed the same. I usually mix several bottles at once and carry with my boat tool box and one in the boat just in case. As the cap seal wears, I simply rotate in new empty bottles or caps.

20. Scraps
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast