115HP Etec G2 update

I'm finally coming back to getting a boat and was waiting till this motor release. I think this motor has been out for 6 months now. I read it's a 3 cylinder motor. Are there anyone out there that ha rigged this motor on their boat? Can you share your impressions and experiences? Does this motor contain the oil inside the engine like the larger EtecG2 motors? How is the hole shot with a 3 cylinder motor?

Is it true that BRP now owns Alumicraft boats? If so I will consider that boat or Vexxus for this motor.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 02-15-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Yes, BRP owns Alumacraft who also won the NMMA customer satisfaction award at the Miami International Boat Show yesterday.

You will enjoy this first hand account of the new 115 HO:

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post...8005?&trail=15

https://www.boattest.com/engine/evin...-tec-g2-115-ho
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. Member
    My area used to have a strong following in the JohnRude camp (especially during the FastStrike/Intruder years) ..... until Ficht happened. Here's an engine review from a local guy of his 115 G2 at 65hrs that he was skeptical about at first.

Hope it helps.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

4. Member
    Very informative boat test video seahorse, thanks for sharingI’m very happy with my G1 but my next boat will definitely be the G2. BRP does own Alumacraft as stated. Looking for a deep hull I wouldn’t hesitate to own one, bass boat I personally prefer the Vexus (build quality, layout, and ride is outstanding).
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets