Lss2 transducer question

I Purchased a HDS Gen 3 and it came with the LSS 2 transducer. Can I mount it on my jack plate and get a good reading or do I need to mount it toward the bottom of my transom so it does not have any interference? I want to mount it to where I get the best reading, trying to get it right the first time - Thx

2. Member
    I have mine mounted on my backsplash plate, works great.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red186 View Post
    I have mine mounted on my backsplash plate, works great.
    thank you for the reply, Would you happen to have a picture? I have a triton 18 TRX, I’m not quite certain if I understand exactly where you have it located.

4. Member
    I mounted mine to the jackplate with a transducer saver shield bracket. You can give them a call and they may be able to help you out. I did not want to drill any holes in my transom so I used their bracket.

5. Member
    Mounted on jack plate and able to get temp and sonar on plane.

6. Member
    Thanks everybody, if it would be possible to take some pictures on the jack plate that would be great. I do not have a hole shot plate on my jack plate if that makes any difference. I have a T-H marine 6” Z-Lock JP

7. Member
    LSS2 Small.jpg
    This is how I mounted mine. This is on my old 6 inch plate. I have since moved it to my new 8 inch plate. It works fine and no holes in the transom.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I Purchased a HDS Gen 3 and it came with the LSS 2 transducer. Can I mount it on my jack plate and get a good reading or do I need to mount it toward the bottom of my transom so it does not have any interference? I want to mount it to where I get the best reading, trying to get it right the first time - Thx
    We produce a nice Jackplate mount that has the lower transducer mount drilled for the LSS2,3D, TotalScan and the 3in1/2in1 which means if you choose to upgrade from the Lss2 in the future you don't need a different mount! Our Jackplate mount also allows for the installer to install the aluminum adapter mount first without the need for shimming or worrying about the transducer being level! Once the adapter plate is installed the lower mount is installed and you can then level the transducer to the water and once the perfect angle is achieved you can lock it down 100% solid with the supplied thru bolt. Our Jackplate mounts also allow for perfect cable management which prevents the transducer cable from kinking or chaffing or needed to be zip tied to the mount! https://rytekmarine.com/collections/...ackplate-mount

Ryan