Ceramic Coating Boat

So I’m sure this has been covered but has anyone ceramic coated their boats yet? I have had three vehicles done with CeramicPro Gold and it’s been absolutely amazing. They look still look flawless after many years.

I know it’s often debated what spray people use but I don’t want to dig into that. I will say I have always used Tec582 for a while for finishing touches on my vehicles and boat.

However I am still curious about those that have had it done and how well it actually works and lasts.

please share the ceramic brand, length of time you’ve had it done and overall how you feel about it. I’m sure others may want to know as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO

2. Member
    I installed it on my 99 Skeeter. I did it myself so it wasn't Pro grade but still should get 3 to 5 years out of it. I detail my cars and truck so I have all the tools and products to get the gelcoat into shape before coating. That is the hard part, bringing the gelcoat to optimum shine before coating. I used GYEON Syncro, $159 at AutoGeek. It is 2 part coating, a base coat that you put 2 layers on and then a top coat. I use a waterless wash called Wolfgang Uber to wipe it down after each use and then once every 2 or 3 months I'll apply GYEON Cure spray which is designed to top coatings .

I have one spot near the transom that I think my partner maybe put his shoe on the gelcoat that looks a little scuffed up but other than that I really like it. I don't think coatings were made to step on. But it was a car coating and not a gelcoat coating. It is easier to clean, scum line just wipes off easily and protects the gelcoat very well. I coated my boat first, then my wife's Rav4. I am getting ready this year to coat my camper with GYEON Gelcoat. I will probably coat my truck soon also.

It is a lot cheaper to do yourself if you have the tools and knowhow but consumer grade coatings aren't as durable as the Pro versions, but they are much cheaper.

3. Member
    Totally agree with you. My buddy owns the shop I had it done for our vehicles but I want to do our 5th wheel as well but I like your feedback and will probably do it myself on my FX20. Fortunately it’s was an Elite series not and the wrap did a good job protecting it. Did you have to do much on “paint correction”?

4. Member
    Yes I did, it wasn't kept up very well and I probably spent 50 hours compounding and polishing to remove oxidation and scratches. I should have bought a rotary polisher and it would have gone much faster. I also had to try 2 or 3 different compounds to find one to remove the oxidation. If yours isn't bad just a good polish will make it shine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    Yes I did, it wasn't kept up very well and I probably spent 50 hours compounding and polishing to remove oxidation and scratches. I should have bought a rotary polisher and it would have gone much faster. I also had to try 2 or 3 different compounds to find one to remove the oxidation. If yours isn't bad just a good polish will make it shine.

thank you! I will order that stuff today.

6. Member
    Hey SJSU how did your ceramic coating go? I am thinking about doing my boat.