Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Interesting. I didn't imagine many people would use stuff other than spot lock. I suppose if you're using it as a main motor on electric only lakes that's a little atypical. I can't imagine often using any of the other functions myself. Main motor to the area to fish then the foot pedal and occasional spot lock.

2. Member
    I use heading lock all the time when fishing down banks. Keeps your heading regardless of wind and current. Minor touches on the pedal to follow the shoreline.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. Member
    Not much of anything has gone down in price with regards to bass fishing from what I have seen over the years. I'm certainly not expecting to see boats, engines, or graph prices drop in the next few years.

Perhaps the survey is trying to determine what functions people are most concerned with and which ones they may leave out to have a more inexpensive model... I have never used my remote control on my Ultrex. I personally have no use for it. Same with the link. It is useless to me. I don't care about my boat following a contour while I fish. I hunt for the fish and structure. I am usually all over the place zig zagging around and going at my own pace.

That's just how I fish and personal preference.

M

4. Banned
    I'd be more worried if I bought one of these new motors from other brands. Minn Kota has had theirs on the market for a while now and most of the kinks work s out.

Not only that but the price is lower on the ultrex.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Interesting. I didn't imagine many people would use stuff other than spot lock. I suppose if you're using it as a main motor on electric only lakes that's a little atypical. I can't imagine often using any of the other functions myself. Main motor to the area to fish then the foot pedal and occasional spot lock.
    Many people fish more than one specie and many people use more techniques that are in tune with some or all these features. Yes the true bass fans seem to like spotlock almost exclusively and manual control for their boat positioning. Most people resist change. The features can be used in most situations and presentations but many don't use them. Different strokes. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123