Shimano Gen 1 black rods

I am trying to find a source that might have some of these rods available. Anyone with info? Cumara.
    Last edited by rrh; 02-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Which black rods?
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

3. Member
    Cumara most likely.

4. Member
    Good luck. I was able to snag 7 of the gen 1 Cumaras to add to my collection last year. 4 of them pretty much brand new including 2 7'4" Heavy flipping rods brand new with tags through A LOT of perseverance but I've noticed this year they're even more scarce. I think a lot of people figured out that those rods were kinda special after trying out some other supposedly more high end rods (read more expensive) and being disappointed and realizing that they preferred their Cumaras sometimes after having already sold them. I'm guarding mine with my life.

A bit of advice though. I would stay away from buying them unless they're in obviously excellent condition. I'd be especially careful buying over the internet. Keep in mind those rods were made between 12 and 8 years ago so that's potentially a lot of boat/truck rides, hooksets, boat flips etc...

5. Member
    I sold all of mine. I enjoyed them for about 6 years and they were good rods however I'm not really understanding all the hype. The 7'2 rods had really nice actions that I found kinda hard to duplicate. Other than that I found better quality in the NRX rods and higher end Shimano rods

6. Member
    Gave away 14 Cumaras last fall. I do not think they were anything special.