Decided on Ghost

After much head scratching and researching, I am ordering the new Ghost Monday. Kevin at mygreenoutdoors.com came through again on best pricing. I ordered a new set of BT Talons from him when I had my Skeeter and his price was way lower than anyone else, and the price on the Ghost is at least $200 lower shipped than anyone else as well. Cant wait for it to get here and bring it my local Phoenix dealership to get installed for a big tournament coming up the first weekend in March.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Banned
    Smart move, TW now shows a delivery date of 3-9 for the Tour Pro and that’s not even guaranteed.

3. Member
    My experience with Ghost has not gone well so far, dealer mounted it, no workie, factory sent new board, board was broke I presume during shipping, waiting on another new board now, dealer had to install the new Ultrex back on the new boat because I have a tourney Sunday. For now I will just mark this up as bad luck, hopefully that will be all of it for awhile.

4. Member
    Ghost has been flawless for me. Really works well. My ultrex worked well also nothing bad to say there. Any product may show up broken. Bummer on the double whammy..
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

5. Banned
    I’ve had my ghost out around 50 times since Thanksgiving and it’s been perfect, except for 1 little thing that I learned. Twice now I have been fixing to leave the lake, so I disconnected the TM power male from the female BEFORE I stowed the ghost. I forget that it has to have power to stow (makes the motor turn to stow). Well when I did this both times, it reset my configuration modes. My spotlock didn’t work for Crap until I had to recalibrate the motor.

So the lesson is, don’t just kill the power while being deployed.

Back to the Tour Pro, my buddy canceled his MG order and went with a ghost. MG screwed up big with their delay.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-16-2020 at 08:39 AM.

6. Member
    I would have gone with the new MG but cant wait that long, and its not a proven TM yet. I bent the shaft on my 2015 Tour Pro and its sucks trying to fish with it. I have a big tournament coming up the first weekend in March, so ordering the Ghost when I get back to the office on Monday.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    I would have gone with the new MG but cant wait that long, and its not a proven TM yet. I bent the shaft on my 2015 Tour Pro and its sucks trying to fish with it. I have a big tournament coming up the first weekend in March, so ordering the Ghost when I get back to the office on Monday.

You know, if you wait another week to order it, you can really be sweating bullets for delivery.

8. Member
    Aint that the truth Mike lol....Order in a week, maybe get it for Christmas lol. If the XI5 had a decent deployment system it may be something to consider....But having to bend over to deploy and stow is a no go for someone that has had 5 back surgeries...that and how it slides up and not allowing for external transducers. Im just biting the bullet and ordering the Ghost when I get to the office in the morning. I was able to see max speed on my current MG...2.7mph max on a 2 mile trip back to the boat ramp. Diaphragm on the fuel pump took a dump again after having a new one installed 2 months ago...So that was a fun trip! I wished I had had the ghost then and could set it on course and sit back, not staying on the pedal for almost 2 hours.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Loving my Ghost, had a tournament Saturday, cold and windy and the anchor lock was awesome and very accurate at holding to the spot, also cranked it in up one time and got up to 3.3 MPH , if you hit anchor at full speed better hold on, its going back to the spot where you pressed the button.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    After much head scratching and researching, I am ordering the new Ghost Monday. Kevin at mygreenoutdoors.com came through again on best pricing. I ordered a new set of BT Talons from him when I had my Skeeter and his price was way lower than anyone else, and the price on the Ghost is at least $200 lower shipped than anyone else as well. Cant wait for it to get here and bring it my local Phoenix dealership to get installed for a big tournament coming up the first weekend in March.

it's a very easy self install at the house. took me about 3 hours to remove my old mk maxxum and mount the ghost

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermination View Post
    it's a very easy self install at the house. took me about 3 hours to remove my old mk maxxum and mount the ghost
    Im going have my local Phoenix dealership handle it. After 5 back surgeries, its worth the $200 to me lol...and it has to have the new Vmax battery installed and the new MK 110 PC charger since mine just has a 3 bank since it was set up 24v
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

12. LDraper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermination View Post
    I see you had an old Maxxum. Was this on an aluminum boat by chance? I keep looking at the Ghost, but I keep reading some people with aluminum boats are running into multiple problems with the function of the trolling motor.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    I see you had an old Maxxum. Was this on an aluminum boat by chance? I keep looking at the Ghost, but I keep reading some people with aluminum boats are running into multiple problems with the function of the trolling motor.
    What kind of issues are people seeing on aluminum boats, why would aluminum matter?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisntab View Post
    What kind of issues are people seeing on aluminum boats, why would aluminum matter?

2 guys here with aluminum rigs have said that their Anchor lock mode didn’t hold tight. One posted a video and it was pretty bad, but we don’t know to what extent they have tried to rectify the situation. We need to know if any aluminum guys here, aren’t having troubles as well as, if they are. No fiberglass guys complaining about this issue, so it’s possible it’s an aluminum thing.

The video posted was on a flat calm day though and all spotlockers struggle in that situation, we can only assume he’s tried it in the wind too.

15. Member
    To be fair there is zero reason for spot lock on a calm day, all motors suck at spot lock if they do not have a little wind or current to work against.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.