How do you guys like your z8?

I'm close to making a deal on a 2014 z8 with 250proxs. How do you all like yours? What's your real world top speed? Anything you dont like about them? Thanks.

2. Member
    I had a 2012 Z8 with a 200 pro xs (I don't tournament fish, so the 200 was more than enough for me)...... Had it for 4 years and absolutely loved it! I know all boats and circumstances are different, but in my case, I had that boat for 4 years and didn't have a single thing go wrong with it. More than enough storage, plenty of room on the front deck, and I thought it performed very well for only having a 200. Only reason I sold it was for $$$ to move out of state...... but I'll be picking up another Nitro here by months end.

3. Member
    I have a 2015 with the 250 Pro XS. Best I've done is 72.1 GPS and it had more, but I didn't have it in me! Solid boat and takes rough water very well. Single console boat and the only issue I have is with the lack of small stuff storage (cell phone, glasses, wallet, etc).

I have a 2015 z8 with 250 proxs. I have hit 76.2 two times a year apart. Normal top speeds with about half fuel, 2 people, water gear, 4 sonars ultrex and 4 batteries and twin 10' poles is 71-73

only damage I have is two 2" spider cracks under the passenger seat and 2" spider crack from the tach, there is some chips from bullet weights on the side of the hull, I tore a seat with a muskie lure. And I did rebuild the suspension after 60,ooo miles

I like this boat a lot, it has served me very well, it has been air born more than I can count or you would believe
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I have a 2011 originally with a 225ProXS with 25P Fury (stock) 10" Slidemaster - it lasted about 616 hours and let go - before that 67-68 loaded was pretty common. Not surprising the more gear you have in it the significantly slower it will run. I replaced the blown 225 with a new/leftover 250 ProXS (2 Stroke) and an Atlas 10" - running a Bravo1 XS 27P with the same load it is now 2-3 mph faster. I purchased the this wheel after recommendations from BBC - but probably should be running a 26P for the weight I run - but not a huge deal to me.

I have a dual console and unlike a lot of folks - I do run it during colder weather. I like to have the option if my dad or family goes along. The open layout inside the bilge/compartments for rigging/running wires - a million times easier that other brands I have helped rig. I did install one of the original optional drawers (port side) it is nice for small items - which is a dislike since there isn't a ton of built in storage for small items. Same thing in the main compartment - I actually use a BPS soft 3700 case to organize my boxes/hold them in place and Plano bags for plastics and smaller tools items. I also use my trash can as a "Day Box" for plastics, tools and dies/other.

The cooler sucked - I notified Nitro CS in 2012 (when I purchased boat) - and they agreed but nothing to really do about it - I actually ordered insulating panels and foam and DIY'd it - and it's worked much much better - and is serviceable. The original hubs weren't great and I had 2 failures in first 2 years - switched over to Vortex hubs and have been very happy (I trailer a lot). The vinyl on the seats has some wear/tear but DIY'd repairs on that too over the years. Would like to replace the current TM with a Ghost or maybe a Force but not sure about how the pedals will fit in the Z8 recess which is NOT over sized by any stretch.

I fished plenty of big water up North (Mille Lacs, Lake Michigan, Green Bay etc), KY Lake and others but is still great to get around docks - Overall have really loved the boat - and very likely with replace it with a Z20 or Z21 at some point.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

6. Member
    You can’t find a better fishing platform and you can expect 66-72 MPH depending on load and air temp.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

I loved my Z 8 I regularly hit 75 mph I just traded it in for a brand new 2020 Z 21 the Z 8 is perfect for tournament fishing had it on big water it handled the waves great if I didn't want a little more room and the four stroke I would have kept it