BBC SPONSOR

Bob's performance spark plug wires are on sale this weekend.

https://bobsmachine.com/product/spar...ury-v6-3liter/

just sharing for the BBC family. On sale this weekend.
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

2. Member
    Thanks Steve! I'll bite. My wires are original, may as well get these 'high performance' wires that 'give a noticeably hotter spark' and 'exceptional noise suppression'. Wonder what the free shipping point is at Bob's? Doesn't look like any free ship...

Anyone else vouch for these claims? I'm sure they don't really mean 'hotter' spark, because that would defeat the concept of spark plug designs and heat ranges, and could cause engine damage? A larger spark flash front has got to burn the fuel better right?

Hey Bob's also has their trolling motor prop nut that claims to balance vibrations, $10 off now too, including their matte black ceramic coated version:
    https://bobsmachine.com/product/bobs...otor-prop-nut/
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

3. Member
    I don't think you will see a "noticeably hotter spark" unless you compare them to the typical carbon-type conductor. Bob's are more rugged. I used 'em in the past when racing as we removed/installed plugs almost hourly. They also look cool of course. (the ones I used were blue with an orangish connector/boot on each end. :)

BTW the ones I used were solid copper, which would wreck a nearby radio. I noticed these are "stainless steel mag wire" which I know nothing about. Stainless is not nearly the conductor that copper is.

These things will make zero difference in performance to a stock motor, unless you have a bad existing cable. If you have ramped the compression way up, they can help as you need a hotter spark to bridge a gap filled with a denser fuel/air mixture.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    ...These things will make zero difference in performance to a stock motor, unless you have a bad existing cable. If you have ramped the compression way up, they can help as you need a hotter spark to bridge a gap filled with a denser fuel/air mixture.
    I figured since the motor is 19 years old, it could only help to change out the ancient plug wires, right? And those 'balanced' prop nuts for trolling motors, hype or help?
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

5. Member
    Have one on mine it does help it seems
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823