Thread: Can’t decide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    So buy a boat you don't want, order the Ballistic and 6 months later when it's done sell the boat you didn't want. Or if you currently have a boat, don't sell it until you get the Ballistic. If you can't afford to do it this way, you can't afford a brand new Ballistic anyhow.

30-35 boats built a year? Come on man. Maybe 5 or 6.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    So buy a boat you don't want, order the Ballistic and 6 months later when it's done sell the boat you didn't want. Or if you currently have a boat, don't sell it until you get the Ballistic. If you can't afford to do it this way, you can't afford a brand new Ballistic anyhow.
    Thanks Capt. Obvious.

I'm not going to buy a boat for 6 months, take the depreciation hit, and then sell it just to buy a Ballistic. I'm not a boat dealer and don't have time for that.

Already sold my current boat before the market went into hybernation for the winter.

As far as can't afford to do it this way, you may be right. I can't afford to wait multiple months for a bass boat. Especially when I can get a BCB Lynx, Skeeter FXR-21, Bullet, Blazer, PHX-21, etc. basically off-the-shelf. Each boat has there good points and bad. Ballistic definately has more good points than most of these, but at their current production run rate, I'm not willing to risk. Besides, if they can only build less than 20 boats per year, I give them a less than 25% chance of being in business in 5 years. They have been around long enough to ramp up. Either they have cash flow issues, a lack of knowledge of how to run a production business like this, or it's just a family hobby.

The way you come across is ridiculous. If they can’t build you a boat in the time frame to make you happy, so be it. Go buy something else. A Ballistic isn’t for you!
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. Member
    Blue Steel,

You are way off the mark...Ballistic is growing and will continue to do so. Just watch and see. We are putting out boats monthly with more orders coming in every week.

Jim
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

6. Banned
    Exactly what I was thinkin Fowler..geez some people

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    The way you come across is ridiculous. If they can’t build you a boat in the time frame to make you happy, so be it. Go buy something else. A Ballistic isn’t for you!

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Gee it looks like this is turning into the Bullet page.

9. Member
    Chris- that will not happen����

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    The reality is that it is not a "little" longer. Not too many people are going to wait multiple months for a new bass boat. There are just too many other good options out there. I know they are "custom", but Jim Wells needs to identify the production bottle necks and eliminate them. He is missing sales opportunities and when the economy turns, he might not have the backlog to justify the changes required to increase his production rate. I read on some thread that there is a single person who performs a critical build operation on every boat. That's the ultimate sin in production.
    Yep - I am pretty sure there is no credible evidence that your opinion would make a CEO change the way he is doing business. I certainly wouldn't have. You are just trying to justify the reason you switched, once others called you out for going with an inferior boat. Its ok. Its your decision. I would have waited the extra 3 weeks for the Ballistic.

11. Member
    best production boat currently on the market i have literally tried to destroy a 223 with a 450 supercharged motor on it for the past year, still no gel coat cracks no loose lids no problems at all, this thing has been in the biggest water you could imagine, so many test rides i cant count them all , i still have a bullet and a allison, the boat that always goes to the water is the 223 its big its bad and worth the wait, the problem is once you own one you wont ever need another one, it would be impossible to go back to a production line boat, it is that special..........
    allison prosport 300r merc cnc

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Yep - I am pretty sure there is no credible evidence that your opinion would make a CEO change the way he is doing business. I certainly wouldn't have. You are just trying to justify the reason you switched, once others called you out for going with an inferior boat. Its ok. Its your decision. I would have waited the extra 3 weeks for the Ballistic.

Never expected to change anyone's mind. I agree with most everyone on here that Ballistic is the best boat currently available. BTW - I haven't made a decision on my boat purchase yet. Right now it's looking like a BCB Lynx or maybe a Phoenix PHX-21. Unless a dealer shows up with a Ballistic boat for sale, i'm not going to wait 6 months for a boat and I think it is niave for Ballistic to think they can stay in business with a lead-time that long. That's all.

BTW - This was about as boring of a BBC category as could be until I came around and ruffled a few feathers. Just a small group of owners talking to themselves and trading pics of their boats. So I trolled a little bit, got some bites and stirred debate. A board with one post every other day doesn't help generate any brand interest.

Question for any of the existing 223 owners: List one thing you do not like about your boat?

13. Member
    The only thing I don't like is lack of time to spend in it!!! I have fished out of it a dozen times now with the biggest water being Lake Guntersville last fall and I absolutely love everything about it so far. I generally put a cooler inside the cooler as the damned thing is huge and I don't drink that much in a day but it will be nice when my daughter gets old enough to go and i will have room to pack everything in. With the other boats I have had always required me toting a yeti along for the trip to keep things cold and have the room I need. It seems like a little thing but there was actually some thought put in the design of the dang cooler instead of it being a total afterthought.

14. Member
    No light in my livewells-but that has changed-all boats now leave with lighted livewells..Jim listens you his customers when they ask for changes..I don’t carry 50 rod and reels..usually only carry 12-15..so I’m asking for a rod holder in left side compartment on new boat..Hoping they will figure out a dip net storeage spot like Phoenix has-I believe they are working on this..

I can honestly say these are my only issues with my boat, and they are minor issues..yet Jim is still addressing them and with every boat he builds, he is making these small preference changes to meet every owners dream boat..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    No light in my livewells-but that has changed-all boats now leave with lighted livewells..Jim listens you his customers when they ask for changes..I don’t carry 50 rod and reels..usually only carry 12-15..so I’m asking for a rod holder in left side compartment on new boat..Hoping they will figure out a dip net storeage spot like Phoenix has-I believe they are working on this..

I can honestly say these are my only issues with my boat, and they are minor issues..yet Jim is still addressing them and with every boat he builds, he is making these small preference changes to meet every owners dream boat..
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    And the bottom line is it is moot to most boat owners. When I want a boat, I want it within 6 weeks, max. .
    I don't know of anyone delivering in less than 6 weeks from time of order right now.

17. Member
    Sold my jag 400 vrod last year. Taking a break from fishing for a bit, but when time comes I will have a 223 in my garage.

18. Member
    i also have no light in livewell, have not found any other complaints...
    allison prosport 300r merc cnc

19. Member
    Looks like Duck River has a .223 for sale on their facebook page. Beautiful boat with a 300 Mercury and Garmin electronics.

Wonder who owned it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast