Question New 93sv UHD with GT-54UHD-TM + GT8HW-IH transducer Questions

Maybe a Cart before the Horse scenario. I have updated and installed the 93svUHD unit to outbound console surface of my Champion 188DC baby. I have installed the GT-54 transducer to my 10" setback plate starboard side and installed the transducer GT8HW in-hull. I have not had good past luck in mounting transducers on transoms due to thin water fishing and transducer damage. This is along with the lack of high speed reading consistency with transom mounts & constant re-adjustments. Go shallow as possible I always say when hunting greenheads.

Purchased Garmin Y-cable originally intended for GT-30 & GT-15HW transducer combination to interface both transducers in the 93svUHD unit.
    I was not able to find at Y-cable combination for a GT-54 & an in-hull transducer.
    I understand the GT-54 is a all in one 12pin tranducer that provides traditional CHIRP 2D sonar with the downview and sideview capabilities.

So.... my $64k question is will the 93sv UHD unit recognize and read both the GT-54 &GT8HW transducer with Y-cable if selected in 93sv transducer set-up menu? Have not powered 93sv unit up yet and wanted some input before doing so.

If the 93 finder unit and transducer combo is not compatible, see my options as follows:

1) Buy a smaller 5" ECHOMAP unit to connect to the GT8 and use just for high speed operation in 2D. Only have the ability to install a small flush unit mounted in my console arrangement. As in most of the older boat consoles, today's larger finder units will not mount flush between console gauges. This is also with new available console front mount brackets with available console mounting surfaces and blocking surrounding gages. The new 93sv unit is mounted outbound with the new 2.5" ball RAM mounting system which is a exceptionally strong mount.

2) Relocate the GT-54 transducer to the transom for high speed depth reading and hope for no damage or replacement cost of a very expensive $250+ transducer. I am hedging towards option 1 if required based on transducer combo incompatibility with the 93UDH unit.

Thanks in advanced for feedback to this inquirey.

2. Member
    You setup with the GT54, GT8 and Y cable will not work properly. The 2d and the ClearVu will both be messed up. I would not power it up as the impedance mismatch could result in unpredictable results. Yes, you need to select between your #1 and #2 option. On the #1 option you'll need to be sure of the cable connection. It may come with a 4 pin connector. In which case you would need a 4 pin to 8 pin adapter. I lean towards the #1 option.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Or buy a gt 30 and just run that ,you may like it better!

4. Member
    Gents - thanks for your feedback. Went with Option 1 (5cv unit). Waiting on an 8pin to 4pin cable for the 5cv unit. Thank your help.