Trolling motor tray

Has anyone with a 188 VX, mines a 2010, installed a recessed TM tray in their boat. Wondering if there is anything like a support or something under the deck that I would damage if I try. Would really like a recessed tray.
    Thanks

2. Member
    06/519VX probably similar to your 188VX. No problem installing a tray it will involve cutting the front compartment bulkhead.

There will be electrical wires for the center compartment lights to watch for. Foam will have to be removed as well. A circular saw, jigsaw, Drexel tool, etc. will be your friends. Also drain plumbing will need to be installed to drain the tray. Lots of guys have done this project on the Ranger board. I’m sure others will help with their experience as well.

Do yourself a favor and call Ranger with your HIN. You might have one installed already under the deck. I would bet its there, my 08 178vx had it. They will need to send you the trim ring. Here is a post i made about it when i installed it....http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=264058
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I'll have to check it out