Banned

Charleston SC Blessing of the Fleet and Seafood Festival

Has anyone ever gone? Looking to go this year and was wondering what Hotel would be the Best to be in the Heart of the Festival and watching the Fleet Parade.

I don't know the route of the parade but the wife and I stayed at the Plantation Inn a month ago. It's on the corner of Market St and Meeting St. It's above the Peninsula Grill and is walking distance to pretty much everything in the market area of downtown. We ate at High Cotton and it was amazing. Don't forget to stop at Kaminsky's for a late night adult dessert on your way back to the hotel. The Banana Foster shake was out of this world!

3. Banned
    Thank you, but they are asking like $750 a night for that time frame. Just a Hair out of my budget.

My wife booked ours through one of those sites that you put in your "budget" and it picks the hotel for you. You don't know the exact hotel until you commit but it'll give you like four options and it'll be one of them. I think we got it for about $200 a night. All the options were in the same general area of downtown Charleston and all of them were top tier hotels. It was the first time we used one of those sites but it worked out fantastically for us! We definitely don't bleed money so I completely understand that the $750 was too much. Our stay was due to me deploying the following week for 3 months at sea. We were willing to splurge a little. High Cotton would normally be out of our budget as well but it was Restaurant Week in Charleston and the two of us had a four course dinner with a bottle of wine for $180.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Don't know what your budget is but you're not going to get Budget Inn pricing downtown for sure. Not sure when the event is but check out the Francis Marion Hotel downtown. Excellent restaurant inside called the Swamp Fox, best shrimp and grits in Charleston. Plenty of things to see and do and eat. My all time favorite city to visit. Tommy Condon's is a neat Irish Pub down in the market area. AW Shucks is great too. Take a drive over to John's Island and eat at the Charleston Crab house best She Crab soup in Charleston. Here's a link for the Ashely riverside hotels.https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...gIICxgBkgECIAE

California Dreaming is very cool it's right on the water also.https://californiadreaming.rest/location/Charleston-SC/

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Don't know what your budget is but you're not going to get Budget Inn pricing downtown for sure. Not sure when the event is but check out the Francis Marion Hotel downtown. Excellent restaurant inside called the Swamp Fox, best shrimp and grits in Charleston. Plenty of things to see and do and eat. My all time favorite city to visit. Tommy Condon's is a neat Irish Pub down in the market area. AW Shucks is great too. Take a drive over to John's Island and eat at the Charleston Crab house best She Crab soup in Charleston. Here's a link for the Ashely riverside hotels.https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...gIICxgBkgECIAE

California Dreaming is very cool it's right on the water also.https://californiadreaming.rest/location/Charleston-SC/

Ty, I'm sure your not aware, but back a few years ago I had asked for areas in SC to retire to and your Suggestion was Anderson and surrounding area. We now live in Anderson. LOL. We moved here last August. Up by the Double Bridge.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Ty, I'm sure your not aware, but back a few years ago I had asked for areas in SC to retire to and your Suggestion was Anderson and surrounding area. We now live in Anderson. LOL. We moved here last August. Up by the Double Bridge.
    Very nice. Anderson side or Townville/Pendelton side? My son just bought a house on 18 Mile Creek. Have fun in Charleston, neat city.

8. Banned
    Anderson, up 187