Thread: Millwood Report

Millwood Report

I am looking for a day stop on the way down to Sam Rayburn. Going down next week so probably looking for a lake 2/22 or 2/23 most likely. Anyone been out on Millwood lately? Can an angler with no lake experience go out and catch some fish? I heard this could be a numbers lake, but wanted to check with BBC to see what your take was. Assuming navigation could be a problem, but I'd probably be looking just to pitch and flip some wood or burn around with squarebills and chatterbaits.

Appreciate any help on my journey

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I have not been down there in ages, but this time of year I would be stopping at Wilton landing and playing on the river above Millwood. Others should be along with more options.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Its flooded out right now. Lotta current and very muddy. We'll be having our club tournament there on the 22nd. Things aren't looking good.

4. Member
    Does good weather this week impact much, or will it be high for a while either way?

5. Member
    I just checked the lake level and it seems like it is right at Full pool, what am I missing, how is it flooded out? Sorry never been there before, so just looking at data on the web.

6. Member
    It's right at a foot high right now but we are getting rain so believe it'll ease back up some. Millwood is a shallow muddy water fishery. It's got 2 rivers that run through it and depending on rain from Oklahoma it can rise quickly. The Corp manages the water level. Anything over 10,000 cfs and you'll have full trees coming down the river.

7. Member
    lakessareabassin: hope you're having a good trip. You should be catchin Fork about right. Just checked and Millwood still a foot high. Other places to look at during this trip is Bob Sandlin out of Mt. Pleasant, Lake Wright Patman south of Texarkana. Both are good lakes, but Patman is effected more by rains and incoming water than Sandlin. You can drive about 1hr south and west to Lake O Pines and fish a lake that is giving up some good fish.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Millwood fine right now. Get back in some creek channels off the river. I would probably put in at White Cliffs or Wilton and fish creek mouths and then on back into the sloughs

9. Member
    Does anyone know where I can get a lake map of Millwood? I've called around the local Walmart's and Bass Pro but no one has any. Thank you in advance!

11. Member
    Thx for responding Quillback...that's what I ended up doing. I was hoping to find one nearby the lake somewhere

12. Member
    A buddy and me are heading to Millwood in a couple weeks for a week long fishing trip. Where is a good place to see gators on the lake? We hear they're around there and would really like to see one.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadsomething View Post
    A buddy and me are heading to Millwood in a couple weeks for a week long fishing trip. Where is a good place to see gators on the lake? We hear they're around there and would really like to see one.
    This may not help any but just about any of the shallows up the saline river has gators of some good size. I usually put in at jacks isle and run up river into those oxbows and flats and I rarely go a day without seeing one, unless it’s duck season that is.

14. Member
    They are coming out pretty good now on these sunny days. Any of the sloughs will provide you a good opportunity to see some. They are sunning now with the cold water so you have a good chance to see them totally out of the water, compared to summer when you mostly just see a head. Shouldnt have too much trouble finding some. Look on the floating alligator weed patches. Most likely will be dried and the color of mud.

15. Member
    Thanks much for the info! ��