Thread: Alpha 211

Alpha 211

Looking for some info. What’s the ride like, speeds, storage, any dislikes? Why choose the 211 vs v20? Thanks

i have a 199, its basically the same hull a bit shorter. in general the alphas are faster and handle a little better due to less weight. They have adequate storage, but not as much as the v20. You will have a bit better ride in an alpha in certain rougher water conditions as well.

in general, i would say you couldn't go wrong with either, the speed/performance for sq footage is really the trade off - and that is not to say you would be disappointed in a v-series by any means.

3. Member
    Ride is great!
    70ish mph loaded
    Tons of storage (not as much as V20)
    My only complaint is the long nose on the boat I dont like people stepping on the glass in the front getting in and out of the boat they could have shortened it a bit although I'm sure it is a benefit for rough water
    It's a bit narrow compared to all the new wide body boats that are out now (especially in comparison to the V20)
    211 been around for a while all models seem to be very solid with little issues first couple runs of V20s have the deck sagging issue
    I would have no issue going to a later model V20 over the Alpha although I really would love a 211R lol

I have one and am on Gibson quite a bit (usually on Fridays if the weather is decent). Let me know if you want to check it out and we can meet up sometime. I can answer any questions you have too. PM me and we can exchange contact info.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

5. Member
    I have the 211r and according to a friend of mine that has the V20 mine is a little better rough water boat than his. The V20 is better to fish out of with a partner if you both fish up front. mine is a 70+ mph boat the only complaint I have with mine is the passenger side rod locker gets wet when it rains. I am still chasing that issue. this is my second legend since 2008 ad I would not be scared to buy another one

did you remove the rod tubes? if so there's a couple holes in the drain rail at the front of the compartment where it bolted through. if they aren't plugged, it will get wet.

7. Member
    I have no issues with my 211, has more than enough storage for me, rides great, 73-75, need to keep trimmed down in rough water, still looks new.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles