How much longer?

Every year I swear it gets worse. Hawking the weather and looking for an excuse to get down to Clinton. Was mildly considering next week, but weather has changed dramatically. Here's to hoping for an early warming trend. Few more weeks then Braidwood will be my go-to. How about you all?

I have March 2nd off from work. At least the ramp won't be as crowed.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

3. Member
    Good idea. I have to wait until the 6th to get there. More manageable on a Friday, but still a bunch of knuckleheads. 4lbers are worth it though!

4. Member
    You guys experience good numbers early March? I may have to get the boat out of storage to give it a shot.

5. Member
    Will be hitting LaSalle as they have both smallies and largemouth. The drag ripping hybird stripers are a plus too.

6. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I’m dying to get out.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

I've been fish'n as much as possible at Newton and Clinton, but it still feels like this has been one of the longest Winters that I can remember in terms of anticipating the arrival of Spring and being able to fish without insulated bibs, gloves ,etc, etc...I very blessed to live a few minutes from the nearest ramp on Clinton, but it gets a bit tiresome pounding the same 100 acres of fishable water....along with everyone else, every time I go out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I've been fish'n as much as possible at Newton and Clinton, but it still feels like this has been one of the longest Winters that I can remember in terms of anticipating the arrival of Spring and being able to fish without insulated bibs, gloves ,etc, etc...I very blessed to live a few minutes from the nearest ramp on Clinton, but it gets a bit tiresome pounding the same 100 acres of fishable water....along with everyone else, every time I go out there.
    I was just having this conversation yesterday about how long this winter feels. It started here on Halloween with a snowstorm and then a frigid cold spell in November. While the majority of the winter has been relatively mild, it has still been around 40 and mostly weather that you don't spend a lot of time outside in. Plus, so much of this winter seems to have been cloudy and dreary. It has definitely felt like a long winter to me.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

9. Member
    What is the date of the braidwood opener, is it the 15th? Going to lake egypt that weekend but yes this is the toughest time of the year. You always want what you cant have.

10. Member
    Going to hit Braidwood. Anyone fish there in March? Tips?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    What is the date of the braidwood opener, is it the 15th? Going to lake egypt that weekend but yes this is the toughest time of the year. You always want what you cant have.
    3/1
    Please release me,let me go.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    What water temp are you getting at Newton around the ramp?

I've not been over there in a couple weeks, but it was around 50 last time I was there.

14. Member
    Looking like I'm heading Newton way next Saturday.
    Please release me,let me go.

15. Member
    I was there yesterday .water temp was 56 within sight of the hot bouys , 42 at the hot ramp ,37 at the cold bouys , and almost no fish in between .

16. Member
    For some reason i thought the braidwood opener was April 1st. But that may be when i can leave my boat on my driveway Ive been getting that itch really bad to go fishing. I was in disney this past week and actually brought down a rod and small tackle box just to cast a few times while the kids slept in lol. If it is March 1st i may just have to bring the boat out of storage for a day to go fishing lol