Welded surge brakes question

I boat a 97 488vs on a single axle trailer last year. The previous owner welded the surge brakes. The more I look into this it doesn't sound very safe. Do I have any options on getting this fixed?

2. Member
    What part was welded? The actuator to the housing? Is the tongue fixed to the trailer or is it removable? If welded at the housing, may have to take it to a local welding shop and have to cut and re weld a housing on it. Ranger parts should be able to help with replacement parts.

3. Member
    As stated above to get them working again.

May actually be illegal in your state to not have working brakes, it is here.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Get the brakes fixed. You can't afford to be liable if an accident occurs.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

That’s what people do when they have a master cylinder start leaking or bypassing. Also could be a brake line bad somewhere or a caliper leaking. Just bet there will be more than have the weld cut. I can’t believe people do this crap, but it happens all the time. Pam me if I can be of any help to you. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.