Thread: Hook Size Chart

Hook Size Chart

I have a hook size chart taped to the inside of my box that is 10+ years old. I am going to use a new box for hooks and keep my old box in the garage for spare hooks. Do you know of a link that has a printable hook size chart?

There is no "Standard" in hook sizes. Between style and brand, Hook sizes are all over the place.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

It seems like it's getting worse, too! Used to be, they were at least pretty close. Now they really are just all over the place. Berkley's Fusion hooks seem to be the biggest culprit...they're at least a full size if not two sizes in many cases smaller than other brands of hooks.

For whatever it's worth, I'd look toward fly fishing type sites / stores to find something to get on the right track at least. Guys tying flies have to be the biggest consumer of this type of thing. The trick there will be finding charts/gauges that encompass more common bass-sized hooks, but the popularity of fly fishing in the salt should help.

Another idea is to make something yourself. Something as crude as tracing out some hooks you own on a card and laminating it might do the trick! The advantage there is it would be based on the actual sizes of the hooks you use!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360