Jordan lake conditions

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I don’t get to go out fishing much and don’t want to waste time. With the rising water conditions to what they are I was wondering if Jordan lake is acceptable and fishable for tomorrow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
    I have always first falls and Harris. I would love to get on Jordan.

Nope, pretty sure all the ramps are closed. I know Farrington was as well as the Wildlife fishing access on Big Woods road when I drove by them yesterday. Water is 12 feet above normal.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgarrison52 View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me out. I don’t get to go out fishing much and don’t want to waste time. With the rising water conditions to what they are I was wondering if Jordan lake is acceptable and fishable for tomorrow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
    I have always first falls and Harris. I would love to get on Jordan.
    might be weeks

4. Banned
    I have not been (if you can even get in) but this last rain pushed the lake level well above what it has been for a while. It was 228.6 this morn where previously its been no higher than about 219.5 this year so that means a lot of stuff off the bank in the water with this last rain I bet. It will be very muddy still.

5. Member
    It is at 228.19 right now, and it was also 228 on sunday. I tried to go out on Sunday. Water level was literally over the ramp at Farrington, but I did see one guy get in successfully.
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

6. Member
    With the water level at 228+- I would think the areas near the dam are muddy and lots of floaters everywhere. Able to launch at any boat access and not worried about hitting floaters in the water go for it. Bass eat whether water level is high and or muddy. Good luck to those who make the journey.

7. Member
    It appears they have started to drop the water some. .25 each day the past 2 days. At what level are most ramps accessible? I want to get out there Wednesday but it is a long drive for me.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    It appears they have started to drop the water some. .25 each day the past 2 days. At what level are most ramps accessible? I want to get out there Wednesday but it is a long drive for me.
    Honestly I think it would be a waste to time unless you are wanting to fish some riprap or bridge corners. I crossed it yesterday and was very surprised that is was as muddy as it was under the 64 bridge. The Haw river is still muddy also. Once it comes down about another 5 foot or more it should be better fishing then.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Honestly I think it would be a waste to time unless you are wanting to fish some riprap or bridge corners. I crossed it yesterday and was very surprised that is was as muddy as it was under the 64 bridge. The Haw river is still muddy also. Once it comes down about another 5 foot or more it should be better fishing then.
    Thank you sir. I'll stay closer to home, probably Belews, less run in into the lake.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz