Dale Hollow Lake Conditions

Right now the lake is rising and is almost at 649 (651 is normal pool), but with a trip planned for 2 weeks from now I was curious how quickly the water levels go back down? I understand it depends on several factors including how many locks are open, etc.. Just looking for an average.

On some lakes when water levels rise and get into timber it can be really fun. I've never fished Dale Hollow with higher water so I'm curious, is this lake tougher when water levels are up? Any tips would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Im heading there next week for the 1st time myself

3. Member
    It’ll be fine - I think winter to summer pool is only 7 feet difference- Cumberland takes it on the chin and is up about 30 feet. Imo if we get a warm up it ll be hammer time . If it’s warm and stained then cranks and spinners — imo water temp more important than level there this time of year

4. Member
    Thanks HH45CAL, thanks for the information. Without knowing the lake any info is appreciated. What would you consider warm water temps? I'm guessing maybe 53'ish and up.

5. Member
    53 good but imo 55 and up is slugfest range - that’ll push some good ones onto pea gravel and red clay banks, grass flats etc . Best days for me are in March after 3-4 warm days, that’s when I catch biggest fish of the year. For numbers - that’s April and May