Rayburn Question

Looks like I might be coming down to Rayburn in a couple weeks, limited time to research so a couple quick question if anyone is will to help me out.

• What are the techniques that are major players late Feb?
    • Is finesse fishing even a thing down there? :-)
    • And the boat lanes card, assuming they are worth it, just wanted to make sure as most posts I see are a couple years old.

Thanks everyone for the help!

2. Banned
    Anything could work in February and I caught atleast 30 on a drop shot in early January so I know that works there and for as little cost I’d do the boat lanes chip.

3. Member
    As mentioned about anything works during that time period. My preference is square bills and shaky head. My PB on Rayburn was Feb 21 two years old using a Junebug Zoom Trick worm on a 1/4 oz Owner Shaky head in 9 FOW. Yes, for the Boat Lanes chip.

If you are planning to fish on a weekend be prepared for a lot of traffic as all of the larger marinas will be hosting a tourny. I find Tuesdays and Wednesdays best for me staying out of the way since I fish alone.

In a couple weeks u will be fishing fairly shallow.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    On the West side of the lake you can pretty much run anywhere on the lake from the dam up to Black Forest, then the best route is to go left and stay on the mud creek side all the way up to the 147 bridge. If you venture north of 147 bridge pay attention and use lanes.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    Hurry and get here the TTT tournament was today and 49.32 pounds won it and it's only going to get better!!!

Yeah but finding those deep fish is not as easy as it sounds.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Banned
    I have a feeling that lake will be beaten to death even worse that it usually does. People look at the top and don’t look down the weigh in list.

9. Member
    The only other fish those guys caught was a little spot. I'm sure not taking anything away from those bad boys, but when god says it's your day...

10. Member
    I fished it today, caught 5 two pounders. Talked to about 6 boats all struggled today with about the same results. Tomorrow hoping for better.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    I fished it today, caught 5 two pounders. Talked to about 6 boats all struggled today with about the same results. Tomorrow hoping for better.
    That is the normal rayburn. Everybody sees that big winning weight and think it's easy. It can humble you really quick but you might have a day when you will catch a bunch of fish. Theres a ton of small fish in rayburn. That 49lb bag came from two guys that are the best fishermen on rayburn in jan/Feb. They win a big tourney every year in those months. The other guy with 40 said he got lucky when he went over those fish. That's extremely rare but I guess that's why we all fish lol. Maybe yall will run across a spot when they pull up

12. Member
    6-15-2013 those 2 cost me $15000 in a BASS CHAMPS by .24 of a pound between 1st and 2nd
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

13. Member
    Will Kirkpatrick, a long time guide on Rayburn puts out some good articles. Below is a link to one. You can scroll down on the lower right side to "Archives" and read about all the other ones he has written during various times of the year. Will also gives seminars re:Rayburn at the annual Houston Fishing Show. BTW, as posted above, weekdays are much less crowded than weekends. Event calendar below.....

https://www.samrayburn.com/events
    https://blog.chron.com/freshwater/20...and-pre-spawn/
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    In a couple weeks u will be fishing fairly shallow.
    yep....and the lake level is setting up for the fish to get hammered during the spawn. It will be fun while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    yep....and the lake level is setting up for the fish to get hammered during the spawn. It will be fun while it lasts.
    Ain't anything different then what has happened in the past.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team