Why was the Big Bass Tour post removed

Seriously, why was that post removed. I was following it, read the latest info this morning just before noon and now it's gone. Did I miss something bad. It was an interesting post especially with the DQ info. I'm not trying to start anything, just wondering why it was removed. There were valid points made, just wish there was more clarity.
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    I would imagine it was because of the post that was pretty much calling out the BBT as the cheaters while defending the guys in question that got DQ'd. No way their buddy that was DQ'd did anything wrong but it was a conspiracy by BBT because the guy that won the boat was a friend of the Tournament Director is what it implied.

3. Member
    I just wish the BBT tour would step up and say what the rules infraction was. We have all heard from multiple people what we/they think the violation was. The BBT seems to be hiding behind it was a "rules violation". Well that is a broad statement. I can think of multiple rules violations in a bass tournament. Hiding behind saying it was a rules violation does a disservice to any angler that fishes or plans in fishing these events. Hell when Gerald Swindle was DQed from the Classic years ago BASS explained why, hell they showed it on TV. By the way he did not cheat, he waked to close to another competitor that was fishing a channel.
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    They probably complained and pay alot of money here...so Al took it down...all about the benjamins

5. Member
    I don't know any of the people involved with the tournament or the participants and I don't fish tournaments. I disagree with skydever and the comment "about the benjamins". I think the person (Al or who ever) who shut down the post did so because it was starting to get nasty and he has strict policies about post that get out of hand. If it were me, I would have shut down this post much sooner.The Florida Bass Club forum is getting were it is like local clubs full of people complaining all the time. What has happened to posting fishing reports, giving advice on lakes, etc. It has changed from past years.

I have to agree with what Florida Dell once told me when I asked why he was not posting on the board, when he said he was tired of the constant complaining and sometimes personal attacks towards people.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    I don't know any of the people involved with the tournament or the participants and I don't fish tournaments. I disagree with skydever and the comment "about the benjamins". I think the person (Al or who ever) who shut down the post did so because it was starting to get nasty and he has strict policies about post that get out of hand. If it were me, I would have shut down this post much sooner.The Florida Bass Club forum is getting were it is like local clubs full of people complaining all the time. What has happened to posting fishing reports, giving advice on lakes, etc. It has changed from past years.

7. Member
    I don't know either of them either. I was just curious why the Dq..i have fished this event every since it started. I really like it and will continue to fish it. I did not see the last thread for couple of days.I didn't know it was getting nasty. I just wanted to know why the DQ..

8. Member
    B-47 got me thinking. I have had the pleasure of bass fishing in Japan twice (dozens of states)... nicest people who will show you anything and everything to make your experince amazing. Navy brought me here in the early 90s and came back and forth over the years. Married a J-ville gal (23 years and going) so took root. I learned what I know on my own and some close friends. For those out of state or who want to fish the SJR around us message me. I love taking people out and sharing.

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    All I can tell ya, from personal experience, is read the rules and go to the meeting if they have one.. Lots of stuff you wouldn't even think of can "get ya".. One year, we came under the bridge and started idling toward the ramp, I took off my PFD.. TD was waiting at the dock to tell me that I "could of" been DQ'd (for the day) right then and there. Make no mistake, I think those guys who run the BBT are very good people! Just sayin, read the rules..

Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post

I have to agree with what Florida Dell once told me when I asked why he was not posting on the board, when he said he was tired of the constant complaining and sometimes personal attacks towards people.
    I closed the thread at the request of Big Bass Tour; I've put it in the Archives in case they need to refer to it again. I thought they explained things pretty well but it obviously wasn't good enough for some on here.
    What gets me is quite often those that are doing the complaining can't even put their names in their profile, much easier to hide behind their keyboards I guess.