Ultrex AUTO PILOT not working correctly

It is a 2016 TM and the “auto pilot” has always worked fine. I touch the appropriate foot button and only two lights come on, the bottom light indicating the “constant on” light does not come on; however when I manually push the “constant on” button after pushing the “auto pilot” it works fine. Bottom line is the auto pilot button doesn’t activate the constant on. The red light is flashing on the puck.

2. Member
    That sounds like the way mine has always operated. The flashing red light indicates operating and connected. Think the newer motors have blue lights.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

I know link has options for auto power on or off when hitting AP. Wouldn't surprise me if the non link one does as well. Look in setting in the remote
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    look in the system menu and see if "Prop Auto On" is set to on. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Constant on has nothing to do with Autopilot. Constant on only comes on when you turn it on to have the motor run continuously. The Autopilot when on and the troll motor is pointed in a certain direction, will steer the boat on that line until you turn off autopilot. The autopilot feature runs of the remote also.

I will check the remote and see if some how the Prop Auto on feature was turned off.

7. Member
    If it is connected to depth finder you can use active pane on screen. My Helix 10 does that.

check the remote and the "auto prop on" feature is on. I will try using the remote the next time I am on the water.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    look in the system menu and see if "Prop Auto On" is set to on. Bob
    Was able to get on the water today and sure enough Prop Auto On was turned off. After turning it back on, it now takes off when I press the AP button on pedal. I think I need to get out more often now....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow