Thread: Bass Pro Sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    12 at $1200. No brainer.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    12 at $1200. No brainer.
    dont see the 12 G2N on the bass pro website?
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I went to get two of the Helix 10 at my local BPS yesterday. They had them, in fact that had around 15 of them behind the counter. The problem I had was they also had the Helix 12 on sale for $1199. I ask them to get me two of them instead. Well...they were out of stock on them. They told me they would be running another sale mid March but wasn't sure which models were going to be on sale. Now..I am wanting the Helix 12 instead of the 10's. I left not buying the 10's as my eye is on upgrading to duel 12's at my console. I'll play the luck of the draw game and HOPE they put the 12's on sale. Yes they are the G2 series but at that price I'll take them.
    Just a note, I did find the 12's on sale at Scheels for $1499, which is also a great price, their online site say they still have them in stock in case somebody wants one or two.
    What's the deal with only being a G2 model?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    They are not + models like the G3N's. Not compatible with the MEGA 360.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Since the current model is the G3, the G2 are being phased out. I am happy with a G2 series. I am not looking into get the 360 on my boat so that's not an issue with me.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    They are not listed on any site. If you go into the store and see their display of their graphs you will see where they were on sale. IF you are very, very lucky you will even see one there. They sold out of all of them, even the display model where my BPS is.

SO I'm trying to put the pieces of a couple threads together regarding this model/BPS sale. Please let me know if I have this right.
    1. Only the transducer that ships with this unit can be used. The optional transducers can't be used. Can the transducer be mounted to an Ultrex?
    2. This unit has the dual spectrum HW Chirp, not the Dual Beam.
    3. Mega DI & Mega SI are 455 & 800 kHz, not 1.2mH
    Thanks in advance.

1. The included transducer is made for those specific Helix 10 or Helix 12 SI G2N HW units. XM 9 1012 HW MSI T
    The 1012 in the model name refers to the two Helix SI models it is standard for.
    There are probably over a dozen Connected Transducer choices, the Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N unit I have has 19 choices plus some more when the MEGA 360 is connected.

2. Yes

3. MEGA stands for Megahertz (1000 kHz) so if MEGA is in the model name it has all three Imaging frequencies 455/800/1200.
    Except for the G3/G3N Helix 7's, they just have 455/1200 kHz Imaging.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    1. The included transducer is made for those specific Helix 10 or Helix 12 SI G2N HW units. XM 9 1012 HW MSI T
    The 1012 in the model name refers to the two Helix SI models it is standard for.
    There are probably over a dozen Connected Transducer choices, the Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N unit I have has 19 choices plus some more when the MEGA 360 is connected.

2. Yes

3. MEGA stands for Megahertz (1000 kHz) so if MEGA is in the model name it has all three Imaging frequencies 455/800/1200.
    Except for the G3/G3N Helix 7's, they just have 455/1200 kHz Imaging.
    Thanks for clarifying #3. I understand the mHz frequency but questioning because it doesn't specifically say that in the ad.
    So, I have other transducers option besides the one included? I would like to pout this on my trolling motor so is it still transducer swap program?

Thanks Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by depdog60 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying #3. I understand the mHz frequency but questioning because it doesn't specifically say that in the ad.
    So, I have other transducers option besides the one included? I would like to pout this on my trolling motor so is it still transducer swap program?

Thanks Wayne!
    When you look up the software updates, the ones that have the MEGA frequencies are listed.

There is no other transducer than the included one. You can attach it to the trolling motor with one of two choices:

Humminbird AD MTM HW MSI
    Transducer Shield and Saver TM-H-8.3
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    When you look up the software updates, the ones that have the MEGA frequencies are listed.

There is no other transducer than the included one. You can attach it to the trolling motor with one of two choices:

Humminbird AD MTM HW MSI
    Transducer Shield and Saver TM-H-8.3
    Perfect! Thank you for your time and experience!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12