Homemade Talon Brackets for Nitro Z20

Just curious if anyone has made their own mounting brackets to install Talons on a Nitro (it has a manual slidemaster jackplate). I have the resources and capabilities to 3D Scan a new pair, and then design and manufacture my own, just looking for ideas of what may or may not work structurally from anyone who has gone this route. I know the Minn Kota ones are extruded aluminum, but I just can't get myself to pay $300 a piece for them. Pics would be appreciated.

I would also be curious where the best position/setting is on the Minn Kota adapter bracket set-up on a Nitro. I plan on making a fixed bracket, so it would be nice to know where the best placement is for the Talon.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Willie 2.0; 02-12-2020 at 09:44 AM.

There is a best placement spot, but how would we tell you where it is? 21 splines left of center?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Just need a couple decent pictures. I'll get it from there.

Shoot, just get the proper braced brackets from Power Pole if going with the 8 or 10 Talons.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I think the reason those mounts are so beefy is they don't want the talons vibrating or shaking while running.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I think the reason those mounts are so beefy is they don't want the talons vibrating or shaking while running.
    Definitely agree. Plan on having mine just as stout. I'd just rather pay $200 for the aluminum and make them myself, than pay the $600 they charge for the Minn Kota pair.